Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 19, 2014 at 11:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Completely agree with Mel Kiper  (Read 1219 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2009 at 15:01 »

I should clarify, I think the Eagles are the team with the best offense among the defensive powehouses.  That Cards offense, with a healthy Boldin and Larry Fitz, is probably the best of the bunch overall.  Especially if they're actually trying to run the ball some.

Maybe I'm listening too much to the talk radio hype, but my strong gut feeling about the Eagles winning via defense is starting to waver.  I really think the Cards could pull the upset.  I'll stick with the Eagles for now, but the Cards have been playing well and are at home.  So who knows.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2009 at 15:44 »

My guess is Suggs is overplaying the extent of the injury, and he'll play Sunday, albeit it with reduced upperbody mobility and reduced # of snaps

Suggs is injured, but I don't think it's as bad as he's letting on.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2009 at 15:49 »

So, Comedian, you don't think Suggs is just pretending to be hurt?  Seems to be the whisper.  Not like that would change the Steelers' approach, tho'.

I havent heard that. He was a good portion of the second half last week, wasnt he? If so I doubt is a fake.

I wouldnt be amazed if he is downplaying his chances of playing and really plans to, but I do think he is hurt and wont be near 100%. I heard he may have to wear a shoulder brace.

I too think the Eagles may be the best offense left but if the Cardinals can get Boldin back they may be able to put up some points.

Jonzr, I dont think anyone is missing that should be in the championship games. I just dont think any of the four teams left are that great. Not that they have to be, they are the best teams this season so thats all that matters.

spen, I appreciate your honesty (we all do), but when you have a defense like the Steelers', who stack up competitively with the best of all time, I think you have at least one squad that's gonna be pretty memorable if the hoist the hardware.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Jan 16, 2009 at 15:58 »

Homer

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: