Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 16, 2014 at 00:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Conference Championship Picks  (Read 407 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Jan 18, 2009 at 12:35 »

Hoping this playoff hot streak can last for a coupla more weeks.  7-1 so far this year on game picks.  Although, that lone loss came on my Best Bet. 

*ironing*

*sigh*

Anyway, this is who I like today:

(1) Best Bet - Philadelphia @ Arizona (O/U 47) - Ideal conditions = shootout.  Arizona's defense doesn't have to worry about stopping the run because Philly ain't gonna run it.  McNabb will have to air it out...a lot...to keep Philly in it.  Arizona will do the same because that's just what they do.  I don't expect them to do much in the way of running other than doing it to keep the Philly defense honest.  Plus, I don't see nerves being a big issue in this game either as both QBs have plenty of experience playing this late in January.  I think these teams both come out firing.  Final score finishing somewhere in the 30-24 range.

(2) Philadelphia @ Arizona (+3.5) - Hot team...@ home...getting a FG+ vs. road team...playing their 3rd road playoff game in 3 weeks.  Simple as that.  Gimmee the Cards and the points.

(3) Baltimore @ Pittsburgh (-5.5) - *Warning - Homer Pick alert*  Ya wonder where this one is going, eh?  Whether you're giving 5.5 or 6, IMO, it doesn't matter.  You heard it here...double digit win.  Additional details aren't necessary.  23-9.

FTR, I'll likely roll with all three of these picks.  Equal amounts.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 09:29 »

Nice work, AJ.  CHA-CHINGGG!!!

Make sure to send Troy a thank you note for the last one.  Makes up for everyone who got screwed by the TD overturn against SD.

Once again, TP looking out for the fans.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 13:30 »

Yes, sirrrrrrrrrrrr.  TY.  TY.  10-1, total.  9-1 for game picks.  Running well.  Lucky.

If I had some balls, I woulda gone big here and really cashed in, but after a very bad '07, I'm lookin' to preserve as much of my '08 winnings as possible.  This dangerous though as playing with "scared money" is never a good approach.

So, at this point, I've gotta decide how much I'd be satisfied with walking away with this year.  '05 was my last big positive year and I let it all ride on our Steelers in XL to really cash in.  No way that's happening this year as I'm just not feelin' overly confident about any of the numbers.  I will say that right now, I like the Cards (+7) and over 46.5, but that could change in the next week or so.

Kiss of Death or Lock for #6?  You decide.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: