Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 23, 2014 at 09:44 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fox Sports declares Arizona the worst Super Bowl team of all time  (Read 675 times)
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« on: Jan 20, 2009 at 12:04 »

Not like they needed the "no respect" chip

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory?contentId=9101958#sport=NFL&photo=9101082

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 12:46 »

I've long maintained that the 2001 Pasties are the worst team to win a super bowl, and the 1985 Pasties are the worst team to ever make one.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 12:49 »

I think that San Diego team we lost to that got blown out by Steve Young was the worst. That team sucked. Still bitter about that loss. That should have been us getting clobbered in the Super Bowl.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 12:49 »

this makes it easy for Whiz.  I'd just tell them that prior to the game, the '01 Pats would have been high on this list also.  

I'm not necessarily buying the Steelers on this list.  We were #1 seed, weren't we?  Had been to AFCC game the year before?  Shouldn't you have gotten your ass kicked in the Super Bowl to be on this list (We certainly did not, and neither did the Panthers)?  Are you telling me that no team prior to 1979 sucked?  
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 12:53 »

this makes it easy for Whiz.  I'd just tell them that prior to the game, the '01 Pats would have been high on this list also.  

I'm not necessarily buying the Steelers on this list.  We were #1 seed, weren't we?  Had been to AFCC game the year before?  Shouldn't you have gotten your ass kicked in the Super Bowl to be on this list (We certainly did not, and neither did the Panthers)?  Are you telling me that no team prior to 1979 sucked?  

The Minny Vikes that we beat in '74 and that the Raiders beat in '76 were a lousy team. Tarkenton was their only legit weapon, and the lines were old. Had we run into a decent NFC champ in '74, I think we go down, because Bradshaw was a year away from being ready.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 12:54 »

What about those Broncos teams that kept losing?  Craig Morton, anyone?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 12:55 »

That Jets team in 1969 didn't belong on the same field as the Baltimore Colts.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 12:59 »

That should go on the "Top 10 Worst Articles of All-Time."  

Lord help me...we should just agree to stop reading and posting their stupidity.  FoxSports may be the only organization that can make ESPN look intelligent.  It's like the National Enquirer vs. People--both are pretty sorry, but at least People looks nice and once in a while has something worthwhile.

According to this guy's logic, the '69 Jets, '01 Patriots, and '05 Steelers could be on this list, save for actually winning the final game.  And winning doesn't necessarily make you the most statistically dominant team.

I also find it interesting that some of these "sorry" teams actually turned in some of the best Super Bowl performances of all-time.  The '95 Steelers could have/should have won, as well as the '03 Panthers.  The '79 Rams certainly didn't get run out of the stadium.  The '96 Pats also put up a decent fight at times.  

As for those Bronco teams and the '85 Pats, they just ran into teams that were far superior to ANYONE in the NFL.  Hell, IIRC, the Bears didn't surrender a point in the playoffs until the SB.

All in all, a monumentally stupid article, and a ridiculous list to even compile.  The only place where I will agree is the '94 Chargers, but even still.  Any team that makes it to the SB deserves credit.
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2009 at 13:01 by Preacherman0 » Logged

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 13:11 »

I think that San Diego team we lost to that got blown out by Steve Young was the worst. That team sucked. Still bitter about that loss. That should have been us getting clobbered in the Super Bowl.

+1.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #9 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 13:17 »

+1.
+1,000,000

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: