Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 02, 2014 at 16:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vintage Troy  (Read 1757 times)
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2009 at 23:33 »

LC, did that game merit another bs? (boob shot) I don't see why it wouldn't!!

One more win, baby.  One more win.
Don't want any premature......celebr ation.
 coolsmiley

I'm still the one with the boobs.
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #11 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 00:00 »

I have not been drunk since the Eagles game, but I am now.  Fuck this is great. 

I have been dancing for 2 hours and my wife thinks I am nuts lol.
Here we go STEELERS here we go!
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2009 at 00:02 by The Emperor » Logged

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 00:31 »

I have not been drunk since the Eagles game, but I am now.

I was careful to not get too drunk during the Eagles game. Those 6:30 starts call for early moderation. Oh you meant the game at Philly in September? I've been pretty drunk straight through that game.

That game seems so far off now. As does the Thanksgiving beatdown the Cards took.

Man oh man who wouldn't have taken this matchup to decide the new NFL champeen at any time during the year?

And Ed Reed is filthy. He's ridiculously productive. I mean it should be clear to everyone that he gambles a ton and he does get burned here and there (Hines, first drive) but his heroics far outweigh any out of position miscues. I'd take him on our team. Plays hard and that goes a long, long way in my book.

However, Troy Polamalu is going to the Hall of Fame. Said it earlier in the year after he freakin wrecked shop in Foxboro. He would've gotten my DPOY vote, just ahead of Peazy, but that is no disrespect to Silverback.

I thought for sure something was wrong with Troy when he only kind-of got over there to help break up a long pass to Mason (or Clayton...one of the divers that was playing WR in purple) early in the game. Got a bit concerned.

Then the guy comes flying in like an airborne biblical plague on fourth and one. Tipping balls over the middle. Flacco's little read-option where he tried to roll out to his left only to have his proverbial applecart upset by this supercharged Polynesian missile like 8 yards deep. Dude was everywhere we needed him to be.

Ubiquitous.

Pick six was semi-predictable. I had two songs queued up on the jukebox (after they opened it up at halftime so I didnt have to hear skank ass Katie Couric) for the second half timeouts. Played renegade until we had to cut it off when play resumed. Ironically you could hear Styx in the background of the broadcast just as it was finishing. I wasn't pissed because I still had my ace in the hole. I think somebody got hurt in between, but it was set up as a third-and-long in a necessary pass situation and as soon as Troy picking the ball off, while standing next to the jukebox just waiting, I played 2Pac "Amerikaz Most Wanted" full blast and just knew Troy was going in. Great blocks on that play. Gotta love 91 out there hustlin' in front. I was in the same place of the same bar during the Dallas game and fired that song up just as DeShea was about to take one back. Its 14 years old but its my song of destiny or some shit. Aint nothin like a gangsta party...

LeBeau is the freakin man. Flacco never had a shot.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #13 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 14:01 »

i am so glad to have witnessed 2 of my favorite defensive plays ever in a row...the troy supermalu over the top and the 3rd and 1 play before that, Woodley stopped the first down with his back!!  that was sick, never seen that before

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 17:35 »

i am so glad to have witnessed 2 of my favorite defensive plays ever in a row...the troy supermalu over the top and the 3rd and 1 play before that, Woodley stopped the first down with his back!!  that was sick, never seen that before

That was a box-out Dennis Rodman would have admired.  Crazy shit!

I love this fucking defense!

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 00:15 »

Flacco's little read-option where he tried to roll out to his left only to have his proverbial applecart upset by this supercharged Polynesian missile like 8 yards deep.

he was robbed out of a sack on that play BTW.  Not sure why that was classified as a running play, when it was clear Troy didnt give him any time for any option.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 08:56 »

In Oat's photo, what amazed me was that he twisted Fucco around.  Now, Fucco's no small guy, and Troy has exactly zero feet on the ground, so how the motherfuck is he getting any traction, any torque?  I mean, sure the guy is in crazy shape, but that's like trying to tackle a pig from a wheelbarrow.  Or something.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 08:58 »

Did they snap the ball right as the play clock hit zero, on that play?

If so, it would certainly make it that much easier for someone to time their leap.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 11:34 »

They are talking about the play where Flacco decided to run the ball and went out to the left side and Troy tackled him for a 7 or 8 yard loss.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 14:16 »

They are talking about the play where Flacco decided to run the ball and went out to the left side and Troy tackled him for a 7 or 8 yard loss.

I was referring to Finny's post...should have 'quoted' it.

Someone asked the question of why that wasn't a sack, over on the PG site, FWIW.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09019/942937-367.stm
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: