Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 01, 2014 at 06:51 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vintage Troy  (Read 1911 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 14:19 »

Did they snap the ball right as the play clock hit zero, on that play?

If so, it would certainly make it that much easier for someone to time their leap.

It's not the timing of the leap so much as a question of leverage.  Gravity will give you only so much.  Upper body strength gives you so much.  But I rewound that a few times and was still like, how the hell did he do that?!?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
dare2beme

« Reply #21 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 14:21 »

Did they snap the ball right as the play clock hit zero, on that play?

If so, it would certainly make it that much easier for someone to time their leap.

It's not the timing of the leap so much as a question of leverage.  Gravity will give you only so much.  Upper body strength gives you so much.  But I rewound that a few times and was still like, how the hell did he do that?!?

It's the hair.  A friggin Superman cape, I tell ya...

If you ain't a Steeler fan, you're just a Jag-off...especially here in Jacksonburgh, FL!
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 14:24 »

It's not the timing of the leap so much as a question of leverage.

Yeah, I know what you're saying.

I was just curious if the play clock was going to zero when he timed his jump. I don't record the games, because they always lose when I do.

It's just if you're going to try the sneak, wouldn't it be better to not do the standard snap at 1 second?
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 14:33 »

IIRC, didn't the Ravens go empty backfield on that sneak?  Talk about BA-like imbecility.  I mean, does anyone think the Ravens were going to let Flacco THROW on 4th and short?  It was an awesome play by Troy, but it was easier to make knowing there was only one thing the Ravens could possibly do out of that formation.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: