Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 20, 2014 at 01:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, how do we contain Fitz?  (Read 1871 times)
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 21:17 »

Actually, I was thinking that the best defense is a good offense. 

Good point Preach. If the Stillers can rack up a big TOP advantage, it would keep the Cards O off the field, and keep the D fresh. Its what Belicheatingenius did repeatedly to Peyton several times. Slow the game down. To do that though, the offense needs to get the run game going, and convert 3rd downs. The Cards D isn't that impressive, and if Pitt can score on Balty, they sure as shit can score on Arizona.

Hopefully 'Zona has the "just happy to be here" syndrome and comes out lacking intensity. They were only 9-7 this year, and we all know what happened to the only other 9-7(16 game schedule) team to make the SB. Vince Ferragamo and the LA Rams* gave it a go, but the more talented Steelers eventually pulled away. Lets hope history repeats itself.

* The '79 SB is the 1st game I remember betting on. My God father was a Rams fan, and at the ripe age of 5 , I was already a rabid Steeler fan, so we bet $5.....It was like taking candy from an old guy...

KTBFFH
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 21:53 »

Hopefully 'Zona has the "just happy to be here" syndrome and comes out lacking intensity.

That and i really hope that the extra week will cool that team off somewhat.  Take the 05 run for us.  we were firing on all 8 week after week for 7 straight.  then the 2 week layoff between the AFCCG and the Sooper Bowl.  thought Ben's timing was off the most that game.

As for Fitz specifically, i see alot of cover-2 in our future.  their zona running is shitty enough that we can use 6-7 guys in the box to contain it.  and for all that is Holy, Ike Freakin Taylor, MUST knock down every catchable ball and NOT, i repeat, NOT attempt to intercept.  Fitz is flippin spiderman and will grab any loose or deflected ball within 5 feet of him

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 22:13 »

and for all that is Holy, Ike Freakin Taylor, MUST knock down every catchable ball and NOT, i repeat, NOT attempt to intercept.

As long as he remembers to turn around first.

If he turns his head he still makes that play in the EZ with ease.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 08:41 »

I'm less worried about Ike, and more worried about Clark.  He has to stick to his deep assignments and give help over the top.

The 2007 loss in Glendale, noted football powerhouse city, had exactly zero running game and two Ben INTs.  Ben's been superb in keeping the ball away from the opponents' DBs, and if he continues that, we do have a chance to assert the offense.  Parker had 37 yards and Dookie 15?  I realize BA is a bloody hemorrhoid, so much so that he prefers to run into the teeth of the Balty D every gaddam rush, but I expect a running game more akin to the SD game.  Closer to 150 yards for Parker/the Invisible Man/GR.  That will help ice the pass attack.

Yeah, then you basically copycat what the Pats and Iggles did in the blowouts.  Early, I think you go the Penso route and drop guys into coverage, then you mix it up and tear Mr. Brenda's head off.  Great passer when not rattled.  So, you rattle him.  No one thought Knurt was all that back when the Gints were still rebuilding their OL. 

Are 56 + 91 + 98 + 99 + 92 > than their OL?  Let's hope the hell so.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 08:45 »

tear Mr. Brenda's head off. 

Hey, speaking of her, do you suppose she still has that chic fuzzy snake she had around her throat during that one Super Bowl?

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #15 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 10:43 »

tear Mr. Brenda's head off. 

Hey, speaking of her, do you suppose she still has that chic fuzzy snake she had around her throat during that one Super Bowl?

Man, don't jinx it.  I haven't seen one shot of her butch head since back in the day when that's all you'd see between plays of a Rams game.  No mas, no mas!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 11:07 »

As a fellow man of faith, I admire Kurt Warner.  I especially admire his commitment to stay faithful to his wife...no matter what she looks like.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 11:24 »

As a fellow man of faith, I admire Kurt Warner.  I especially admire his commitment to stay faithful to his wife...no matter what she looks like.

LOFL...

Anyone else think Knurt looks... a bit drawn?  Skinnier?  Not the round-faced lad of yesteryear?

Not that he's suffering from any wasting disease, or necessarily that he's suddenly more buff now... But he looks different.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #18 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 11:28 »

Anyone else think Knurt looks... a bit drawn?  Skinnier?  Not the round-faced lad of yesteryear?

Not that he's suffering from any wasting disease, or necessarily that he's suddenly more buff now... But he looks different.

It's the marriage - he's looking more and more like the old lady!  Wonder if they use the same fingernail polish (you wondered why he wore gloves, right)?

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 11:29 »

Anyone else think Knurt looks... a bit drawn?  Skinnier?  Not the round-faced lad of yesteryear?

He's tryin' to Be Like Dick.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: