Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 20, 2014 at 16:33 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steelers vs Cards (how we stack up)  (Read 2556 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #30 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 15:13 »

I am also going with Ben as SB MVP.....really feel that he wants to atone for his game in XL.

That's what worries me.  I don't want him trying too hard, as he did in XL.  Don't press it, let the game come to you, baby!

Exactly right.  I hope he has nothing to do with this "make up for XL" nonsense.  We won the damn game, what is there to make up for? Last thing we need is Ben trying to force shit to be the hero when it isn't necessary.

Ben kept the ball away from Ed Reed the whole damned game.  He's had exactly zero picks this post-season.  He and Peyton are the only two without a pick, and of course Peyton went out after one game.  Second highest PR to only Knurt Werner hisself in the postseason, too.

I don't get the sense that Ben is "pressing."

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 15:20 »

I don't get the sense that Ben is "pressing."

Nor do I, I just hope he doesn't get caught up in what the talking heads say.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 18:01 »

Odds for SB MVP, calculated by my personal think tank.

If Steelers Win- 

2-1 ---> Big Ben Roethlisberger....The award favors the winning QB if they play well. I think Ben is going to play well.

7-2 ---> Fast Willie Parker....If he puts up numbers like the SD game, he will be a strong candidate.

6-1 ---> Santonio "Huffin'" Holmes....If Ben or Willie don't distinguish themselves, and Holmes has a big play or two, he could snag it.

9-1 ---> Defensive trio of either TP, Silverback, and LaMarr "Crunchtime" Woodley....Anyone of these guys could make a game changing play.

25-1 ---> Field

If 'Zona wins-

Even ---> Kurt Warner.... Already been there and done that, and lets face it, they aren't winning if he doesn't have a big game

3-1 ---> Fitz.... The guy is just capable of making spectacular play after play. Could have a very, very strong day.

8-1 ---> A. Boldin.... With all the attention that will probably go to Larry, he could face man coverage and have a couple of big plays.

35-1 ---> Field
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #33 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 19:14 »

I am rooting for Ben to win the MVP, if for no other reason to contribute to the clear fact that he is an elite QB.

After this Super Bowl, no more will we read columns ranking the top QBs that place Ben lower than the likes of Tony Romo or, dear God I see this more often than you'd think, Matt Hasselbeck.

In two weeks, Ben ends this conversation and the consensus will put Manning, Brady, and Ben at the top with the #4 guys well below in the next tier.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 23:14 »

9-1 ---> Defensive trio of either TP, Silverback, and LaMarr "Crunchtime" Woodley....Anyone of these guys could make a game changing play.

the Woodman is my darkhorse to win the MVP of 43.  little known fact, Woodley is the first player in NFL history to record 3 consecutive multiple sack games in the playoffs.  Not too shabby considering 43 years of the super bowl era and all the true greats that have played the game.  he is really benefitting from the doubles on harrison.  So look for this trend to continue against the redbirds.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #35 on: Jan 21, 2009 at 08:02 »

I started to get sucked into the MVP thought last night but I don't want to lose sight that you have to win the game first and worry about the rest of it then.  I would love for Ben to win it and then be "the #3."  I would like Troy to win it so that when people start talking Reed vs. Troy there is yet another factor to throw in.  I'd like Willie to win it since he has struggled this season. 

The bottom line for me is that a Steeler win it. 

PUMA
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #36 on: Jan 21, 2009 at 08:16 »

I started to get sucked into the MVP thought last night but I don't want to lose sight that you have to win the game first and worry about the rest of it then.  I would love for Ben to win it and then be "the #3."  I would like Troy to win it so that when people start talking Reed vs. Troy there is yet another factor to throw in.  I'd like Willie to win it since he has struggled this season. 

The bottom line for me is that a Steeler win it. 

PUMA

Ditto...You know, compare Levon Kirkland's performance against Dallas in '95 to any Steeler in 2005, and you will find it superior. But dude didn't get the MVP nod, since his team didn't win.

I don't care who gets the MVP as long as we win the game.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: