Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 31, 2014 at 02:44 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quoth to the Ravens...Nevermore!  (Read 2357 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Jan 19, 2009 at 22:32 »

Honestly, I'm wondering if this run with their defense may FINALLY be over???

List of FA:

Ray Lewis
Bart Scott
Terrell Suggs

Stover and Brown (starting C) are also unrestricted.  I don't see how they can afford to keep all of those guys.  Personally, I hope Ray Lewis leaves, just because I'm sick of having to see his ugly mug twice a year (or more). 

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
ben2hines4six

Proud member of STEELER NATION!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 22:40 »

Let's hope so. Also Ryan took the job with the Jets, and Kolkonis (director of player personal) may be on the outs.

Got to figure Ray Ray will be back, and maybe one of the other two guys.

Nice to see them with some tough decisions to make, and with their D having another year of age on them....we all know how that can add up. A guy who was a stud the year before can quickly become washed up by the time the next season rolls around.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 22:44 »

Cowboys interested in Ravens' Lewis?

Word around the NFL is that the Dallas Cowboys are very interested in obtaining Ravens inside linebacker Ray Lewis if he becomes a free agent. The speculation is that the Cowboys are willing to give Lewis a three-year deal worth between $27 and $30 million, with $25 million guaranteed.

Dallas owner Jerry Jones believes his team is in the serious hunt for a Super Bowl title next season, and that Lewis could help solve some of the team's problems inside the locker room.

The Ravens are expected to begin negotiations with Lewis, who is in the last year of his contract, as soon as the season is over. Fellow linebackers Bart Scott and Terrell Suggs are also in the final years of their contracts.

Suggs' decision to play against the Steelers was a courageous one. Oh, and by the way, he happened to come up with two big sacks.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...y_lewis_2.html
OhioU_Stlrs_Fan

« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 01:56 »

Will anyone hate me if I say I secretly want ray lewis in the black and gold? I'd almost guarantee barring injury we'd win it all next year with a defense like that.

I Heart The Steelers.

Movie On Repeat (1) - Death Race
Movie On Repeat (2) -Max Payne None
Song On Repeat (1)- Jay Z - Brooklyn We Go Hard
Song On Repeat (2)-Here We Go, Duh its Playoff Time!
Book i cant put down -Dean Koontz - Shadowfires
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 06:24 »

Will anyone hate me if I say I secretly want ray lewis in the black and gold? I'd almost guarantee barring injury we'd win it all next year with a defense like that.
Yes.

Fuck Ray Ray. I don't want his murdering ass anywhere near the Steelers locker room. If not Baltimore, Dallas is the perfect location for that thug. Our defense is great and was ranked #1 without the almighty Ray Ray, and will continue to be great with Farrior, Timmons, and Foote rotating in the middle.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 07:53 »

Take it back!!!!  We'll have none of that nonsensical talk here.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 08:16 »

We can win it all this year with the defense we have right now, why would that change next year?  Bringing Ray Lewis to Pittsburgh would be a waste of money.  We have other areas where that money should be going towards after this season is over, like the o-line for starters.

Nevermind that the fact that in all right the guy should be doing 10-20 in a Maryland state penitentiary.  Ray Lewis is one of the last players in this league who I would want to see dawning the Black and Gold.  It would make my stomach turn knowing that my money is going toward that guy's paycheck.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 08:19 »

No way, no how.  Not worth it.  This ain't the Cowboys.  Jerry's been "one piece away" for years, with no playoff wins to show for it.  Let him blow his money on RayRay.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 08:20 »

Up next, call up Pacman Jones and see if Chris Henry has any interest in being a Steeler.  clap

The homicide rate in Pittsburgh would skyrocket.
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2009 at 08:22 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #9 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 09:35 »

Leonhard is also a free agent so there are four starters and the D- Coordinator. 

I won't say that they won't be great again (mainly because that thought would make me giddy and I still have to work today) but it will be tougher on the D side while the O should be improving.

PUMA
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: