Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 19, 2014 at 04:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quoth to the Ravens...Nevermore!  (Read 2450 times)
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 09:51 »

I think their defense will slip a bit.

I think they will re-sign Suggs because he's an elite pass rusher, and they will go to great lengths to re-sign Lewis because of PR. They'll let Scott walk.

Losing Ryan will hurt, but they'll still have Reed in pass coverage and Ngata, who's a friggin' beast, for run stopping.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 10:29 »

I think they will re-sign Suggs because he's an elite pass rusher, and they will go to great lengths to re-sign Lewis because of PR. They'll let Scott walk.

Losing Ryan will hurt, but they'll still have Reed in pass coverage and Ngata, who's a friggin' beast, for run stopping.

No offense to OhioU, but I think Ray Lewis would be an absolute horrible fit in Pittsburgh.  His self-promotion, his attitude, his arrogance...that just isn't going to fit in this locker room.  He's not going to go up to Ben or the coach or anyone else and start telling them what to do like he does in Baltimore.

The more I think about it, the more it occurs to me that the Cowboys are the perfect fit.  Or, perhaps he'll follow Rexy to NY???  Oh, I can only imagine the media machine that would produce.  Ray Lewis on the big board in Time Square...

I think Bart Scott is a hard hitter, but more mouth than anything.  Ed Reed is great, but as we showed Sun. night, he can be neutralized.  I like Leohnard a lot, and would have no problem seeing that guy in black and gold.  Works hard, plays tough, overachiever.  Sounds like a Stiller to me!!!  B)

I don't like Suggs or any of the "Thug Life" attitude the Ravens' bring.  But, Suggs is a great player, and I really respect what the guy did Sun. night on the field. 

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 11:51 »

Cowboys interested in Ravens' Lewis?

Word around the NFL is that the Dallas Cowboys are very interested in obtaining Ravens inside linebacker Ray Lewis if he becomes a free agent. The speculation is that the Cowboys are willing to give Lewis a three-year deal worth between $27 and $30 million, with $25 million guaranteed.

LSHTPICOMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111 1111111111111111

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 13:24 »

Leonhard is a guy I'd be interested in, but he'll probably be looking for a starting job somewhere.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #14 on: Jan 21, 2009 at 07:38 »

Leonhard is a guy I'd be interested in, but he'll probably be looking for a starting job somewhere.

I was saying the same thing last night.  How great would it be to have to use in the nickel or dime and return punts?

PUMA
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Jan 21, 2009 at 10:44 »

Will anyone hate me if I say I secretly want ray lewis in the black and gold? I'd almost guarantee barring injury we'd win it all next year with a defense like that.

Yes, we will all hate you and you will be banned if that crazy shite were to happen!!
(OK, I couldn't make the ban happen, but I could vigorously lobby for it...)

I'm still the one with the boobs.
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #16 on: Jan 21, 2009 at 11:26 »

Word around the NFL is that the Dallas Cowboys are very interested in obtaining Ravens inside linebacker Ray Lewis if he becomes a free agent. The speculation is that the Cowboys are willing to give Lewis a three-year deal worth between $27 and $30 million, with $25 million guaranteed.

Lewis, being the thug that he is, would fit in perfectly with the Cryboys!

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Jan 21, 2009 at 11:32 »

When McFarlane makes a sports figure and it features your dance pose...

*shakes head*

Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #18 on: Jan 21, 2009 at 12:02 »

When McFarlane makes a sports figure and it features your dance pose...

*shakes head*

Ohhhh, the cat suit uni.  You HAVE to love those.

I believe McFarlane also did a figure of Troy dancing.  You know, all the great ones have to self promote.

PUMA
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2009 at 12:05 by Puma170 » Logged
OhioU_Stlrs_Fan

« Reply #19 on: Jan 21, 2009 at 12:18 »

No offense to you Ray Ray haters (It is deserved) but he is nothing like a PAC-man. he is a good locker room presence and that is one of the reasons we played them in the AFCG @ home and not vs. Tenn. in Tenn. I'm just saying, i don't ever see us getting him but how could you not want him? Best middle linebacker in the NFL and would give a good locker room presence with a peazy attitude. just saying. but i hope he goes to the cowboys. because if he isn't with us and he has to be in the NFL send him to the NFC.

luckily we have the best D already
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2009 at 12:19 by OhioU_Stlrs_Fan » Logged

I Heart The Steelers.

Movie On Repeat (1) - Death Race
Movie On Repeat (2) -Max Payne None
Song On Repeat (1)- Jay Z - Brooklyn We Go Hard
Song On Repeat (2)-Here We Go, Duh its Playoff Time!
Book i cant put down -Dean Koontz - Shadowfires
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: