Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 28, 2014 at 10:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quoth to the Ravens...Nevermore!  (Read 2132 times)
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #20 on: Jan 21, 2009 at 12:36 »

No offense to you Ray Ray haters (It is deserved) but he is nothing like a PAC-man. he is a good locker room presence and that is one of the reasons we played them in the AFCG @ home and not vs. Tenn. in Tenn. I'm just saying, i don't ever see us getting him but how could you not want him? Best middle linebacker in the NFL and would give a good locker room presence with a peazy attitude. just saying. but i hope he goes to the cowboys. because if he isn't with us and he has to be in the NFL send him to the NFC.

luckily we have the best D already

The man was part of a murder. He should be serving many years behind bars. Pac Man maybe an ass, but he is paying for it. Ray Ray for some reason gets to walk and a free pass. I call bullshit. I don't want him anywhere near the Steelers locker room.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #21 on: Jan 21, 2009 at 12:43 »

No offense to you Ray Ray haters (It is deserved) but he is nothing like a PAC-man. he is a good locker room presence and that is one of the reasons we played them in the AFCG @ home and not vs. Tenn. in Tenn. I'm just saying, i don't ever see us getting him but how could you not want him? Best middle linebacker in the NFL and would give a good locker room presence with a peazy attitude. just saying. but i hope he goes to the cowboys. because if he isn't with us and he has to be in the NFL send him to the NFC.

luckily we have the best D already

I'm thinking it would be a chemistry nightmare.  There's nothing broken in the locker room, the guys don't need what Ray Ray is bringing.  You think Smith, Hampton, Harrison, Farrior, Polamalu, et al give two shits for what Ray has to say?  No fucking way man.

Let him go to Dallas and deal with TO and Jessica and Coach Doughnut.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Jan 21, 2009 at 12:55 »

Other than the personal reasons, its just not a good business decision to sign Ray Ray. The guy probably has 1 or 2 more years playing at a high level. After that, you will need him to re-structure, or you cut him. Either way , he won't be worth the 20-25 mil guaranteed you just gave him to play for 2 years. For a mack LB, I will take Potsie.

Frankly, Farrior has better numbers all around. This year he had 133 tackles, 87 solo, and 3.5 sacks. He turned 34 on Jan. 6th. Ray had 117 tackles, 85 solo, and 3.5 sacks. They had the same number of TLoss, 5. Ray had 1 more FF, and he had 3 INT's. So other than INT's, Farrior was better, or equal to Lewis who turns 34 in May.

It really becomes a no brainer when you consider contracts. Potsie just signed a 5 year, 18.25 mil extension that is heavily front loaded. He got a 5 mil signing bonus, and will get 10 mil over the 1st 2 years, 12.6 mil over the 1st 3. So why pay twice as much to get the same performance from a mack LB?

One more thing............ Fuck you Ray Ray.
OhioU_Stlrs_Fan

« Reply #23 on: Jan 21, 2009 at 13:02 »

agreed. Im not saying we actually sign him. Im just saying i would not mind him in Black and Gold. And regardless of the price and how long he would last. you cant deny he would be an upgrade over foote/timmons. just saying. dont burn me at the stake! helmet

I Heart The Steelers.

Movie On Repeat (1) - Death Race
Movie On Repeat (2) -Max Payne None
Song On Repeat (1)- Jay Z - Brooklyn We Go Hard
Song On Repeat (2)-Here We Go, Duh its Playoff Time!
Book i cant put down -Dean Koontz - Shadowfires
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #24 on: Jan 21, 2009 at 13:07 »

agreed. Im not saying we actually sign him. Im just saying i would not mind him in Black and Gold. And regardless of the price and how long he would last. you cant deny he would be an upgrade over foote/timmons. just saying. dont burn me at the stake! helmet

Ok. It's go time!

sterb029 duel sterb182 ninja

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
OhioU_Stlrs_Fan

« Reply #25 on: Jan 21, 2009 at 13:09 »

Vinman, i heard this guy was teaching ray ray the old man dance for next years pregame!
funny stuff!

I Heart The Steelers.

Movie On Repeat (1) - Death Race
Movie On Repeat (2) -Max Payne None
Song On Repeat (1)- Jay Z - Brooklyn We Go Hard
Song On Repeat (2)-Here We Go, Duh its Playoff Time!
Book i cant put down -Dean Koontz - Shadowfires
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Jan 21, 2009 at 13:40 »

Best middle linebacker in the NFL and would give a good locker room presence with a peazy attitude.

I like our defense better without the Peazy attitude.  Loved him as a player, but sometimes his mouth got on my last nerve.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #27 on: Jan 21, 2009 at 13:54 »

We have the best defense in football. You don't fuck with that. I don't care if we could get him for the veteran's minimum, wouldn't take him. The only position that I could see us looking for an upgrade on is DB.

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Jan 21, 2009 at 20:37 »

I would love to see Ray Lewis go to Dallas for this simple reason....

leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Jan 21, 2009 at 22:58 »

you cant deny he would be an upgrade over foote/timmons. just saying. dont burn me at the stake! helmet

Yes I can.  He would not be an upgrade over foote/timmons.  Timmons will come into his own, at a fraction of the cost.
Give me a break dude!  Get your head right, cause thinking of Ray Ray in Black & Gold ain't right.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: