Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 26, 2014 at 00:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quoth to the Ravens...Nevermore!  (Read 2312 times)
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #30 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 06:09 »

I would love to see Ray Lewis go to Dallas for this simple reason....

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 07:07 »

I don't mean to defend Ray Lewis because it has always bothered me that he got a free pass for what he did because he won a Super Bowl.  But he did at least admit that he did SOMETHING wrong, and I'm not sure that I've ever heard of TO doing that.  About anything.

I'll add something else that bothered me about Ray Lewis.  They said on Sun. that he refuses to wear his Super Bowl ring until he wins another one, and held that up as some great motivational technique.  Personally, that seems pretty dumb and borders on insulting.  He's essentially saying that win was worthless unless he gets a second one.

I much prefer the Steelers' approach, in which the LBs all flashed their rings in front of the guys who didn't have one, as a way to motivate them.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 08:24 »

T.O. makes a pretty good point.

No doubt.  One of the very few times for T.O.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #33 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 09:45 »

IMO, if Pittsburgh's going to go out and get a FA LB (with their other pressing needs at OL, DL and arguably WR, I don't see why they would, but...), I'd much, much, much rather have Peterson from Jacksonville.  He's younger, faster and a beast in the middle.  And, he'd be much cheaper too.

Although, after thinking about it for a few, I guess I could see where it might be something they will look into.  I really like what Timmons brings to the team on obvious passing downs (I'll admit that I was wrong about him being a complete bust), particularly out of the nickel package where his speed can really be put to good use both getting after the QB and dropping back in coverage,  but I'm still not convinced that he'd be able to hack it in the middle as an every down LB.  He's not as stout against the run as I'd expect a ILB to be in Pittsburgh's system.  And, I also don't think he's very good at absorbing/shedding blockers to get to the ball carrier.  If the opposing team gets a hat on him, he's usually neutralized.

So, maybe a guy like Peterson would be a nice fit.  I can't recall the specifics of Foote's deal and when it's up, but if it's this year, a FA move here may be a consideration.

As to Lewis, well simply put, I would not want him on my team.  EOS.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: