Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 23, 2014 at 06:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Again, fuck you, Bruce Arians.  (Read 1847 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Jan 20, 2009 at 11:32 »

Yes, fuck you.

You took away almost all of my enjoyment from this win.  I spent pretty much most of the game seething, wishing you a grease fire death and by the time the 4th quarter rolled around, I had mentally prepared myself for a loss.  This was Jacksonville @ Pittsburgh all over again.  So much so that you had to throw in what looked a lot like a QB draw...for nostalgic purposes.  Just to rub our noses in it.

You did everything you fucking could to sabotage this game, you fat fuck.  But, unfortunately for you, this team has Superman as their QB and the SuperFriends rule on the defensive side. 

Yes.  Your plot to fuck with their run for #6 was thwarted.  Pittsburgh dodged another idiot driven bullet.  Now, they just have to do it one...more...time.

Are you up to the task?  You think you can take this team down?

Let's see what you've got, fuckface.  Give 'em your best shot.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 11:41 »

In fairness, the game plan for the Chargers was okay, and I see the 'Zona defense to be similar to that one. I think the Ravens intimidate Arians for some reason. He just has the team go into a cocoon, and prays Ben will pull it out for him somehow.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 11:52 »

AJ, I was thinking the exact same thing, minus the expletives.  Well, SOME of the expletives.   B)

About the only thing I give BA credit for is the bomb to Sweed at the end of the half.  By all rights, that play should have put the game away for good.  Great call, great timing, great throw...unfortunately, with Hines out, that put Sweed in that position rather than Nate Washington.  Not that Nate is a sure thing, but he usually catches the long ball.  Of course, not sure why they couldn't have just switched positions, but I guess that would have drawn the Ravens' attention.

Other than that?  D+, and that's being generous.

1.  The OL got progressively WORSE as the game wore on.  I take that to mean that the D knew what was coming, wasn't surpised by anything, and wasn't worried about what we were doing.  Their D was getting MORE comfy against our O, and that's not supposed to happen.

2.  After the long drive for a FG, we should have stepped on their necks.  They were starting to wear down, FWP just had an 8-yard run, and what do we do?  Go empty backfield and throw an 8-yard route on 3rd and 1.

3.  The last time we had the ball, WHAT-IN-THE-HELL was up with the shotgun on 3rd and 9?  Play-action--HELLOOOOOO?  Or roll Ben out to take up time.  Or, just throw a bomb--it takes a lot longer, and if it gets picked in the EZ, we're no worse off than we are with a Berger punt.

4.  The last two times we played the Ravens, we had great success in the no-huddle.  Didn't see it ONE TIME on Sunday other than the end of the first half...and then, it looked like a Chinese Fire Drill.

People want to complain about Big Ben?  Well, I say THANK GOD for Big Ben.  He is doing more with less than any other QB in the NFL.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 11:54 »

Running FAST Willie Parker 20 times straight into Ngata was stupidly idiotic. Note to BA, his name isn't Runaway Truck Willie Parker. I'm scared that a SB win, and maybe just the SB berth, will keep BA around. The guy really needs to go upstairs and get a better overall view of the game, not be flipping a coin on the sidelines. Empty backfield on 3rd and 1? I know they have been the worst in the league on 3rd and 1, and to be fair, not having Hines there really hurts, but empty BF?

As long as the OL doesn't completely shat the bed, the O should be able to overcome the shithead OC.....hopefully....
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 12:16 »

Yeah, I'll toss him that PAP Sweed bomb nugget on 1st down.  But for the end result, that play is probably his shining moment in the game.  There was another play, not sure if it was a PAP or not, when Ben rolled to his right and hit Nate on the sideline for like 7 or 8.

Really, off the top of my head, those are the only two plays of the 60something that were called that stood out.  Yeah, maybe I'm missin' one or two more, but that's pretty much it.

Disgraceful.  Disgusting.  Disturbing.  Dreadful.  Pick any "D" word you want.

And, that 3rd and 1 call was flat out fuckin' ridiculous.  FTR, I have zero problem with a quick pass there, but how about a little deception, maybe?  5 wide, empty set?  Really?  Are ya' kiddin'?

And, FWIW, I don't think it's the Ratties that put Arians into a shell.  I've rewatched the game we went to @ Balty several times and I thought the gameplan in that game was much better.  Still average, but miles better than what we saw on Sunday.  The obvious difference between the two was no killer turnovers in the CC game.

Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 12:33 »

I thought the gameplan in that game was much better.  Still average, but miles better than what we saw on Sunday.  The obvious difference between the two was no killer turnovers in the CC game.

Well, that may be because it looked like he actually HAD a gameplan.  Sunday, it looked like he was just making it up as he went.  The few times he did something good--the rollout to Nate comes to mind--I heard Simms saying, "That's a good idea, change it up, etc."  But, did we see that for the rest of the game?  Of course not.

My greatest hope comes from the bye week we had prior to SD game.  After that extra week, they managed to come out and look like they had a clue on offense.  Here's to hoping it happens again, or that Ben is able to overcome one more time.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 12:34 »

Did you write this, aj?

http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=5324

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 12:49 »

Nah.  Calling their 2nd half performance Cowher~ball is a grave insult to Cowher, IMO.  Cowher had a plan.  Arians just ad libs.

Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 12:55 »

Nah.  Calling their 2nd half performance Cowher~ball is a grave insult to Cowher, IMO.  Cowher had a plan.  Arians just ad libs.

Cowher also had Jerome, so the plan wasn't all that hard to come up with.

JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 13:41 »

My greatest hope comes from the bye week we had prior to SD game.

mine is BA sporting Raider silver/black on 2-2-09 after we win #6

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: