Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 13:53 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Again, fuck you, Bruce Arians.  (Read 1741 times)
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 13:58 »

OK I think it is time for us to open it up a little bit on offense.  I agree running FWP into the line 20 times really accomplishes nothing.  Switch it up a little, let the pass set up the run.  It is a catch-22, if we open it up and are successful BA comes back next year.  If we do not open it up and stay predictable we will lose the SuperBowl.  I would love to beat the Wiz at his own game. Start our first drive with a FWP run and then some kind of gadget play to Nate or Santonio. 

Brinker

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 13:59 »

My greatest hope comes from the bye week we had prior to SD game.

mine is BA sporting Raider silver/black on 2-2-09 after we win #6

That would be fucking amazing!

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 14:14 »

Having ONE RUSH PLAY go outside was pure brilliance.  Kept the defense guessing.  They had to be thinking, yeah, but what are the odds...

Kind of like someone throwing rock 30 straight times in rock, paper, scissors.

The GENIUS of Arians is that he is an IDIOT.  By completely giving up any right to first down by running the ball right up the freakin' middle, Arians is essentially saying, OK, I'll spot you guys a down.   That's cocky.  It's also idiotic.  Then, when the second down play inevitably fails and we find ourselves in third and long, you know it's because BA is just saying, Know what? I'll spot ya two downs

What other supra-genius-slash-pinhead-motherfucking-asshole would constantly pin keeping drives alive with third and longs?  He's living on the edge.  He's a thrillseeker.  He's a genius.  He's an asshat.  He's BA.

Cue up the BA theme music.

Gabba gabba we accept you, we accept you, one of us...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #13 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 14:35 »

I'm afraid to say that BA is here to stay. Win or lose on Feb 1st. Tomlin is comfortable with him. Our quarterback or defense continues to bail him out. And, most importantly, he's NEVER going to be taken away from us by a team looking for the next "hot" coordinator to turn their struggling franchise around. I doubt he could land head coaching job on the local high school level.

As soon as I saw the empty backfield on the 3rd and 1, I new we would end up punting. I don't know who has the worse o-coordinator, the Steelers or Pitt?

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 14:51 »

Chaos, that kind of defeatist, bullshit attitude makes me embarassed to know you're a member of Maximum Grilled Steelers.

Come on, when the going gets tough, the tough get grilling.

And what man can resist grilled foods?  A nice grilled rack of ribs, for example, hickory-smoked, slathered with a tangy barbeque sauce, just about fall-off-the bone tender?  A nice side of slaw and macs and cheese?  All delivered to your doorstep, ready to heat and serve, courtesy of loving fans eternally indebted to you for calling the offensive plays that won Super Bowl LXIII?  All of it laced with the anhydrotetrodotoxin poision, culled from the pufferfish, or fugu?

Just sayin.'  In the midst of our celebration, we may be in for some "sad news."

Grilling rules.

headbang

Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 14:56 »

My greatest hope comes from the bye week we had prior to SD game.

mine is BA sporting Raider silver/black on 2-2-09 after we win #6

That would be fucking amazing!

Amazing?  Like winning the SB all over again.

Seriously, if we threw in Berger, a second-round pick, and the rights to re-sing Dump Davenport 347 times in one season, would someone take Arians?  Maybe throw in a little cash with the deal?

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 15:00 »

I'm afraid to say that BA is here to stay. Win or lose on Feb 1st. Tomlin is comfortable with him.

Can he really be all that comfortable? He is a football coach, isn't he?

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #17 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 15:16 »

Chaos, that kind of defeatist, bullshit attitude makes me embarassed to know you're a member of Maximum Grilled Steelers.

And what man can resist grilled foods?  A nice grilled rack of ribs, for example, hickory-smoked, slathered with a tangy barbeque sauce, just about fall-off-the bone tender?  A nice side of slaw and macs and cheese?  All delivered to your doorstep, ready to heat and serve, courtesy of loving fans eternally indebted to you for calling the offensive plays that won Super Bowl LXIII?  All of it laced with the anhydrotetrodotoxin poision, culled from the pufferfish, or fugu?

Just sayin.'  In the midst of our celebration, we may be in for some "sad news."

Grilling rules.

Sorry, it's the realist in me. If BA wasn't fired after that debacle in Jacksonville last year, he's some job security.

I am awful hungry now.

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 15:21 »

Grilling rules.

Sorry, it's the realist in me. If BA wasn't fired after that debacle in Jacksonville last year, he's some job security.

I am awful hungry now.

Stay the hell back...

These ribs are for Arians...

BTW, the handful of BA fans had some difficulty with their fledgeling "Arians Nation" fan club.  Basically, they had everyone pissed at 'em.

whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #19 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 15:31 »

Well I wasn't referring to us letting him go, I was more hoping that some coachless team would try and hire him away from us. A SB winning OC and all...Surely he'd take the offer ("I am serious, and don't call me Shirley." Er, sorry wrong thread).

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: