Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 18, 2014 at 02:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You're Ben, one second left in SB XLIII, you need a TD, we're at the Cards 25...  (Read 1935 times)
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 22:50 »

wasnt it not too long ago we were saying this about Nate Washington? Give the kid a break, he is a rookie getting a chance to play is the biggest game of the season (the that current moment). Its nerves. I praise him for instead of letting that be it and pack it in, he came back, killed a man blocking without being arrested and broke up a sure interception on a very poorly thrown End Zone pass by BR. Lets look at positives, way to late in the season to dwell on the negatives, we got 6 months after feb. 1 to do that! Guys we only got one game to go! I dunno if i can take the anticipation! GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeh helmet yeh

Ditto that.  You either learn from your mistakes, or you succumb to them.  Sweed seemed to genuinely come out and try harder to make a difference after that miss.  A little bit of a puss about the "injury" after the miss, but whatever.  Make a positive difference the next time you get a chance.

And yes, everyone was all screaming about Nate not that long ago.  Here's hoping both these dudes come up huge for us on Feb. 1. 

I have a feeling the guys who already have rings won't let anyone let us down.

Who ride?  WE RIDE!!!
 eck02 eck02 eck02
 smiley_towel smiley_towel smiley_towel

I'm still the one with the boobs.
TwistedLemon

« Reply #11 on: Jan 23, 2009 at 11:39 »

I throw to Sweed.  It will not happen again, least not in a situation like that described.  Ben has confidence in his WR's, and Hines too care of the coaching right then and there

"My reality check bounced"
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Jan 23, 2009 at 11:42 »

wasnt it not too long ago we were saying this about Nate Washington?

Some of us are still saying it about Nate Washington.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Jan 23, 2009 at 12:23 »

I'd rather have Nate in that situation than Sweed.  But that's a little like saying, "I want to be the skinniest kid at fat camp!"

Actually, I have to credit Nate with making a lot of improvement over the course of this season.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Jan 24, 2009 at 10:02 »

Nate is the anti-Burress.  He'll catch it if he is open but he won't dig it out of the dirt. 

I think Sweed was expecting to get clocked on that play, and that is more of a mental challenge, IMO

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Jan 26, 2009 at 07:13 »

I think Sweed was expecting to get clocked on that play, and that is more of a mental challenge, IMO

I just think he was looking too far ahead, hoping to score. Took his eyes off of the ball, so excited that he was going to score.

I think he knew he was wide open, made it that much more upsetting that he didn't make the grab.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Jan 26, 2009 at 07:23 »

I just think he was looking too far ahead, hoping to score. Took his eyes off of the ball, so excited that he was going to score.

I think he knew he was wide open, made it that much more upsetting that he didn't make the grab.

Yeah, that seems to be more the case than worrying about getting hit.  Seemed like he was looking ahead at the EZ rather than looking for defenders.

It wouldn't surprise me if they call another big play for him in the SB, just because no one is expecting it.  For the team now and in the future, I would love to see him make a big catch in this game.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Jan 26, 2009 at 07:43 »

I'll wear my Sweed jersey on SB Sunday, just in case.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Jan 26, 2009 at 08:14 »

I'll wear my Sweed jersey on SB Sunday, just in case.

You recycled a NOD jersey, didn't you? You can't wear that on SB Sunday - Larry Brown might show up.
BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #19 on: Jan 26, 2009 at 13:32 »

Yeah, that seems to be more the case than worrying about getting hit.  Seemed like he was looking ahead at the EZ rather than looking for defenders.

It wouldn't surprise me if they call another big play for him in the SB, just because no one is expecting it.  For the team now and in the future, I would love to see him make a big catch in this game.

I totally agree with you on this one preach.  I can definitely see Sweed having a positive impact on this game.  I'm excited about how wide open he was before the drop.  The kid can run...I think it's only a short time before he does become a regular contributor to our offense. 

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: