Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 25, 2014 at 08:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XLIII unis  (Read 1510 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Jan 20, 2009 at 12:04 »

We probably won't be able to do so because the Cards are the home team, but I'd love it if we came out in the throwbacks for the SB.  Also, the league probably wouldn't allow it.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 12:07 »

Yeah, I think it will be the standard white road jerseys.

Would have been interesting had we made the dance last year, with the 75 patch and Steelers logo already on the chest. Where would they have put the Superbowl patch?

Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 12:09 »

We probably won't be able to do so because the Cards are the home team, but I'd love it if we came out in the throwbacks for the SB.  Also, the league probably wouldn't allow it.

I thought they should have worn them this past week but I would love to see them in the Super Bowl.  Who knows?  Maybe Whiz will want the whites since they worked so well for the Steelers the last time he went?  Maybe they want the advantage of having the cooling unis instead of the hot dark unis?

PUMA
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 12:30 »

Maybe they want the advantage of having the cooling unis instead of the hot dark unis?

PUMA

No way. Whiz, of all people, will be aware of the psychological advantage the Steelers gain in the black. He's not gonna give us that.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 12:35 »

Can't imagine it will be really cookin' at 6:30pm local time or whenever kickoff is.

They're either wearing their home black jerseys from Heinz or their home white jerseys from Detroit.
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 13:07 »

I guess I should add an LOL or this guy  :rolleyes: to make it clear...

Sorry.

PUMA
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 13:10 »

I guess I should add an LOL or this guy  :rolleyes: to make it clear...

Sorry.

PUMA

Sorry, I won't find my sense of humor until after the SB.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 14:31 »

Maybe they want the advantage of having the cooling unis instead of the hot dark unis?

PUMA

No way. Whiz, of all people, will be aware of the psychological advantage the Steelers gain in the black. He's not gonna give us that.

I'm not so sure. Remember, the veterans on this team remember running the table whilst wearing the away jersey, even CHOOSING to wear them in Detroit (that year, AFC had the choice of jersey).  Unless it's 100 degrees and sunny, I don't think either jersey choice provides the Cardinals a boost.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 14:38 »

I'm not so sure. Remember, the veterans on this team remember running the table whilst wearing the away jersey, even CHOOSING to wear them in Detroit (that year, AFC had the choice of jersey).  Unless it's 100 degrees and sunny, I don't think either jersey choice provides the Cardinals a boost.

True, but they got the psychological advantage by wearing white that year since we'd been on the road for every playoff game, and we were underdogs going into the SB IIRC.  Even if we were favorites, they were trying to keep that mentality of fighting on the road (despite the SB being 85% Steeler fans).

This year, they've been home every game, and the favorite, and the favorite in the SB.  Cards have the "us against the world" mentality.  I think the Steelers would get the advantage wearing black.  We're at home, we're the favorites, we've been here before, we are going to crush you.  Wearing white takes a little of that edge away.
ben2hines4six

Proud member of STEELER NATION!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 15:18 »

I don't believe too much in the "other teams are more intimidated of the Steelers when they wear black" mentality. Do you really think the other team thinks to themselves, "oh nooooo I'm so scared of black, how are we going to beat these guys?" I don't.

However, I am disappointed that we are not in the blacks, just because I prefer when we wear them. How do they determine who is the "home" team? Does that alternate every season?? I would of thought it be more logical that the team with the infinitely better record get first choice of which jersey to wear.

Something to chew on though...the Steelers are undefeated in the Superbowl when wearing white, their only Superbowl loss came against Dallas and they were in the blacks.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: