Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 28, 2014 at 11:13 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 [13] 14 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SUPER BOWL XLIII - 2.1.09 - Steelers @ Cardinals  (Read 12826 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #120 on: Feb 01, 2009 at 23:17 »

Yeah, somebody please hire Bruce Arians!

hirebrucearians.com.  Someone shoukd start that website.

I'd post there every now and then!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #121 on: Feb 01, 2009 at 23:26 »

Jonzr, when are you going to get marshallsadouche.com up and running?  anyone catch him complaining the lack of a 15 yarder on holmes TD celebration?

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #122 on: Feb 01, 2009 at 23:30 »

Jonzr, when are you going to get marshallsadouche.com up and running?  anyone catch him complaining the lack of a 15 yarder on holmes TD celebration?

I didn't hear that.  But man, he has been such a Krunt Wurmer homer it's damn shameful for a person in his profession.  It's one thing to let us know who you're rooting for and another to let your bias affect your judgment.  He is a douche.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #123 on: Feb 02, 2009 at 00:04 »

What celebration?  He made the catch, laid there, and his teammates came over and congratulated him.

Or was it the pretend talcum powder thing?  That was minimal.

Get over it.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #124 on: Feb 02, 2009 at 00:11 »

Or was it the pretend talcum powder thing?  That was minimal.

Get over it.

that would be the one.  In Faulk's words..."HE USED THE BALL AS A PROP, SHOULD HAVE BEEN 15 YARDS AND BALL SPOTTED AT THE 15 FOR THE KICKOFF"

he was actually very emphatic and quite embarrassing at the same time

LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #125 on: Feb 02, 2009 at 05:41 »

God, this game was such a nail-biter, couldn't go to sleep, then woke up and couldn't go BACK to sleep. So here I am.

yeh

Of course, screening a lot of the stories online, people are already bitching about the refs. Here we go again.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #126 on: Feb 02, 2009 at 06:36 »

Santonio fuckin' Holmes!

Slang like a champion today!

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #127 on: Feb 02, 2009 at 06:45 »

God, this game was such a nail-biter, couldn't go to sleep, then woke up and couldn't go BACK to sleep. So here I am.

yeh

Of course, screening a lot of the stories online, people are already bitching about the refs. Here we go again.

I've only seen marshall faulk and Chris carter bitch and moan about some calls.  Eff them and their homerism towards warner and fitz.

SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #128 on: Feb 02, 2009 at 07:04 »

At least one makeup for AZ...Ike's PF on the AZ sideline.  At worst, should have been off-setting.  Maybe nothing at all. 

I don't think the holding call on Hartwig was the best call, but I can see where the ref thought Hartwig was pulling his defender down with him.  Looked to me like they were both falling down. 

Harrison's PF...he must have thought the guy was going after his knees....maybe a battle that had happened earlier in the game? 

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #129 on: Feb 02, 2009 at 07:28 »

Heh, no reason to bitch about the refs this time. Calls went both ways.

1. Ben was in. You can see the shadow under his knee on the replay. Should not have been overturned.
2. Warner's first fumble/incompletion could have gone either way.
3. The PF on Ike was bad. Especially since Hightower came out and took a shot at Ike, should have been offsetting at least.
4. Holding in the endzone? Are you kidding me? Sorry it wasn't blatant and you can't make that call there.
5. There was another very questionable hold, when Ben completed about a 25 yarder, the hold was on the other side of the field about 15 yards away.
6. The 25 times Harrison / Woodley were held.

I guess the last play should have gone to review, but it's obvious that was a fumble, so whatever. The other call people are bitching about was Santonio using the ball as a prop. I don't know if that's a penalty, looked like he was off the field when he did that. Our out of the ref's sight at least.
Pages: 1 ... 12 [13] 14 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: