Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 10:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SUPER BOWL XLIII - 2.1.09 - Steelers @ Cardinals  (Read 11760 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Jan 24, 2009 at 15:11 »

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/super-bowl/01/22/nbc.ap/index.html

Wonder if the Walrus will use this as another chance to bring up the officiating in XL. I'm sure his head is swelling at the thought. Or maybe his head is just swelling...

And Leon's getting larger!

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Jan 24, 2009 at 15:40 »

They've got Bettis, who is going to be pro-Steelers.  They're adding Dungy, who will surely be pro-Steelers and pro-Tomlin.  Might as well bring in the anti-Christ...er, sorry, anti-STEELER...to add some balance.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Jan 26, 2009 at 14:36 »

Right now is it really Friday afternoon, and I'm just having a bad dream that it's only Monday?

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Jan 26, 2009 at 15:05 »

I don't really have any animosity for the Cards, aside from the fact that they're our XLIII opponent.  Don't hate Whiz or any of the Steelers West folks.  Typically, I'd be happy with a win, whether by 10 points, 3 points, 1 point, just a win would suffice.  No injuries, good clean fight, all that.  Hell, Larry Fitz is one of my favorite NFL players, period.

So why has this feeling been bubbling up that I want the Steelers not just to win, but to blow these Cards away.  As in, something to rival XX, XXII, XXIV, XXIX.... Hell, I wouldn't mind seeing us win this 64-0, and then after the game have Tomlin tackle Whiz and rub his face in the turf until he had a bloody nose, and having Ben drop trou on live TV and say "game manager my arse," etc. 

Is this wrong of me?  My neighbors have one of those little decorative flags in front of their house, with a pair of cardinals in some winter pastoral scene, and I'm ready to torch the effin' thing...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Jan 26, 2009 at 16:16 »

TORCH IT!!! angryfire blob8 violent5

Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Jan 26, 2009 at 16:19 »

I don't really have any animosity for the Cards, aside from the fact that they're our XLIII opponent.  Don't hate Whiz or any of the Steelers West folks.  Typically, I'd be happy with a win, whether by 10 points, 3 points, 1 point, just a win would suffice.  No injuries, good clean fight, all that.  Hell, Larry Fitz is one of my favorite NFL players, period.

So why has this feeling been bubbling up that I want the Steelers not just to win, but to blow these Cards away.  As in, something to rival XX, XXII, XXIV, XXIX.... Hell, I wouldn't mind seeing us win this 64-0, and then after the game have Tomlin tackle Whiz and rub his face in the turf until he had a bloody nose, and having Ben drop trou on live TV and say "game manager my arse," etc. 

Is this wrong of me?  My neighbors have one of those little decorative flags in front of their house, with a pair of cardinals in some winter pastoral scene, and I'm ready to torch the effin' thing...

Yeah, I'd hate to win the thing 21-20 on a controversial call by the ref, then have to listen to all the dweezelfucks whine. Blow them the fuck out, 42-10 and, laugh on the sidelines, and make their children cry.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Jan 26, 2009 at 16:47 »

I need the Steelers to be leading the entire 4th qtr by 17 points so I don't barf from anxiety.

vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #27 on: Jan 26, 2009 at 17:50 »

I need the Steelers to be leading the entire 4th qtr by 17 points so I don't barf from anxiety.

Ditto that!

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Jan 26, 2009 at 18:16 »

This game definitely has an uncertain tone about it for some people. Which Arizona team will show up? Which Big Ben shows up? Will there be a lot of points?.....On paper it shouldn't even be close, but no one will be surprised to see a relatively close game.

I just gotta believe that playing all those big games, and all those quality wins this season has got to be worth something. The Cards played the NFC West, then beat a Rook QB and HC by only 6 at home, was gifted 6 TO's in Charlotte, then allowed 454 total yards to the Iggles. Credit where credit is due, they won the NFCC with a 7+ min drive to score a TD late in the 4th, but have the Cardinal's really played a knock you the fuck out kinda team this year? The NFC West doesn't cut it, and the Iggles don't compare to 3 wars with the likes of the Ravoons.

That idiot Skip Bayless said that the Steelers are an underdog right now, even giving up the 7 points, and I kinda agree. A lot of people are sucking off Warner and Fitz right now. Talking about a resurgent Edge and running game. Talking about the "fast" 'Zona D and all of the TO's they have forced. Talking about how Whisencunt, thats right I said CUNT, knows the players and Big Ben and weaknesses, and blah fucking blah. 65% of douchebags on ESPN wanting Warner over Ben to lead their team. Fuck the crazy wack bullshit.

The Steelers and Ben haven't got much respect all year. Even before the AFCC, people were talking about how the Steeler D was "statistically" the #1 D, but Balty was the real #1 D. How people actually thought Fucko would outplay Ben. All the TO's they had got. How they knew what the Steelers would do. Sound familiar? Pretty much the same shit they are saying this week.

I won't actually predict it, but this game had a lot of signs pointing to Steeler blowout. The general public, bettors not included, thinks the Cards O is unstoppable, Ben just manages games, and Whiz knows all the Steeler plays and players. Purrrfect. Hey people, ever here of a guy named Dick Lebeau? You better believe there is a gameplan to make someone other than Fitz beat them....Chances of 'Zona shitting their pants come gametime? Much better than the Steelers. No one, and I mean NO ONE, is talking about FWP. 'Zona better watch out for him or #39 is going to have a big game. And really, the Steelers have a better team over all 3 phases of the game.......well, maybe not the punter.

What LaMarr Woodley said about the Ravens success before the AFCC game applies doubly for the SB. " They haven't played the Pittsburgh Steelers."  Thats right 'Zona bitches, have fun this week because the absolute, without a doubt, #1 defense in league is going bring the pain on Sunday. And Ben and offense are going to show just how average the Cards D really is.

Like I said, its not going to surprise me to see a close game, but it definitely won't surprise me to see the Steelers win by more than 20. Blew out the Chargers, should blew out the Ravens. Both of those teams are, IMO, better than the Cards. Have faith Steeler Nation, the Steelers ARE the better team and the #1 defense in the land is going to bring their A game.

KTBFFH
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Jan 26, 2009 at 22:40 »

You know, everyone loves the "Cinderella" stuff, and I'm usually a sucker for it myself.  But this is getting a little annoying to me, not so much from the Cardinals as from everyone else.  I've heard a lot about how the Steelers weren't REALLY that dominant this year, weren't really that much better than the Cards during the season, etc.  I'm a little tired of hearing it.

I'd like to see Ben come out smokin', and the D putting up a Bears-like performance, just to show people howgood we really are.  It would be nice to see this team be as dominant--on BOTH sides of the ball--as we believe they can be.  Are the Cards good?  Surely.  Are they a lot better than 9-7?  Maybe.  Would I like to prove they're a lot closer to 9-7 than 12-4?  No doubt!

Even as my stomach churns when I think about the prospect of Leapin' Larry running right by us, I go back to one thing that I always believe about football.  Physical wins--and I don't care what ANYBODY says, the Cardinals ain't seen physical like us at any point this season.  The one time they saw it in the playoffs, in the second half vs. the Eagles, they darn near blew a huge lead in the biggest game in their history.

I believe that the most physical team usually wins the game, and I still believe that we are the most physical team.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: