Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 22, 2014 at 10:53 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 [15] 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SUPER BOWL XLIII - 2.1.09 - Steelers @ Cardinals  (Read 11924 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #140 on: Feb 02, 2009 at 19:33 »

He also confirmed if Harrison didn't make it into the EZ, the Pitt offense would have gotten another play with the clock at zero due to the facemask penalty on the Cards, who were the defensive team after the change of posession.

Don't know if anyone else saw it, but on Harrison's get-the-fuck-outta-my-way-I'm-takin'-this-MOFO-to-the-hizzouse-and-runnin'-over-everybody-wearin'-Cardinal-red-in-the-process historical TD run, after Harrison got by the Cards sideline where most of the players were standing, Antrelle Rolle (and several other players) moved well out onto the field of play (2, 3 yards, min.) and actually ended up impeding Fitzgeralds attempt at running Harrison down.  Larry got caught up by Rolle's presence on the field and it slowed him down considerably.  If Rolle doesn't do that, Fitz catches Harrison well before he crosses into the EZ, IMO.

Huge, huge, mistake that went virtually unnoticed.  I only saw them mention it on one post-game show.  And, it was a very matter-of-fact reference.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #141 on: Feb 02, 2009 at 19:48 »

Ya, that jerk off Tim Hasselbitchandmoan pointed it out. Rolle was actually standing out of bounds, but in the lane the ref's use. He definitely impeded Fitz, and I agree with you AJ, Silverback doesn't make it to the EZ if Rolle doesn't take a Larry. Fitz was out of bounds when he hit him though, so tough luck bitches.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #142 on: Feb 02, 2009 at 19:50 »

Really, he was OOB?  Coulda swore he was out on the field of play.

Either way, eat it bishes.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #143 on: Feb 02, 2009 at 20:03 »

Ya, both Fitzy and Rolle are OOB. But Rolle is standing in the white marking where players aren't suppossed to be, as that's where the SLJ runs down the sideline. Fitzy kinda bounces it OOB to avoid the log jam created by DeShea, and wham, Rolle makes one of the best blocks on the play.....I also disagree with people who say that it was either EZ or bust, because the mutha fuckin World Champion Stillers still had a TO, and the clock didn't hit zero until Harrison was riding Fitzy into the EZ. If he gets tackled in FG range, they could have called a TO and had 3-4 seconds left.... What a play.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #144 on: Feb 02, 2009 at 20:39 »

Ya, both Fitzy and Rolle are OOB. But Rolle is standing in the white marking where players aren't suppossed to be, as that's where the SLJ runs down the sideline. Fitzy kinda bounces it OOB to avoid the log jam created by DeShea, and wham, Rolle makes one of the best blocks on the play.....I also disagree with people who say that it was either EZ or bust, because the mutha fuckin World Champion Stillers still had a TO, and the clock didn't hit zero until Harrison was riding Fitzy into the EZ. If he gets tackled in FG range, they could have called a TO and had 3-4 seconds left.... What a play.

TO or not, we had at least one more play because of the penalty.  To all the Cards whiners, let's also add that Rolle being in the white is a penalty.  If he was on the field at all, it's also a penalty.  Not sure if Fitzy running OOB and coming back in to make the play is a penalty, but I've read some arguments that say he wasn't eligible to be a part of the play because of that. 

Eh, who gives a crap?  We're the World Champions, let the haters keep hatin'.  If we'd won 64-0, as I originally predicted  Grin, they would have said, "Your title is tainted because the Cards really suck!"

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #145 on: Feb 02, 2009 at 23:34 »

Because of my ski weekend followed by Steelers SB

Preacherman likes to hit the white stuff?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #146 on: Feb 03, 2009 at 06:53 »

Preacherman likes to hit the white stuff?

I'm a BIG snow-blower!  Shocked Grin

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #147 on: Feb 03, 2009 at 07:40 »

TO or not, we had at least one more play because of the penalty.  To all the Cards whiners, let's also add that Rolle being in the white is a penalty.  If he was on the field at all, it's also a penalty.  Not sure if Fitzy running OOB and coming back in to make the play is a penalty, but I've read some arguments that say he wasn't eligible to be a part of the play because of that. 

Eh, who gives a crap?  We're the World Champions, let the haters keep hatin'.  If we'd won 64-0, as I originally predicted  Grin, they would have said, "Your title is tainted because the Cards really suck!"

Yesterday I watched Fitz after ESPN's Wiley mentioned Rolle impeding him.  Fitz was reunning out of Bounds when he jumped on Harrison.  He never re-established himself in bounds.

Harrison's get-the-fuck-outta-my-way-I'm-takin'-this-MOFO-to-the-hizzouse-and-runnin'-over-everybody-wearin'-Cardinal-red-in-the-process historical TD run,

I propose any further mention of this play on MGS be referred to as quoted above.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #148 on: Feb 06, 2009 at 10:44 »

Forgot to mention, I was working out the Saturday before the SB, and finished up with a brisk 30 minutes on the elliptical.  Just as my energy was flagging1, the song When the Levee Breaks by Zep comes on the iPod, and my energy revs back the fuck up with that thunderous drum intro from Bonham.  Something of a mystical moment as I envision being Gary Russell, being called upon for a short yardage TD blast, and blowing throw the Cardinal defenders for the score.

And then, the next day, it happened.  So that was kind of a cool visualization.

1 Virgil is my guide in the underworld of exercise.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #149 on: Feb 07, 2009 at 10:48 »

Forgot to mention, I was working out the Saturday before the SB, and finished up with a brisk 30 minutes on the elliptical.  Just as my energy was flagging1, the song When the Levee Breaks by Zep comes on the iPod, and my energy revs back the fuck up with that thunderous drum intro from Bonham.  Something of a mystical moment as I envision being Gary Russell, being called upon for a short yardage TD blast, and blowing throw the Cardinal defenders for the score.

And then, the next day, it happened.  So that was kind of a cool visualization.

1 Virgil is my guide in the underworld of exercise.

Did you initially have visions of being stopped for a 4 yard loss?  Wink

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Pages: 1 ... 14 [15] 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: