Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 16, 2014 at 06:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 ... 4 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In an attempt to develop some level of dislike for the Cards...  (Read 2090 times)
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« on: Jan 22, 2009 at 08:03 »

I present this...

http://www.youtube.com/v/hedS0NAwjBc&border=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1

Does that help?

PUMA
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 08:12 »

Go from the hated Ravens to a team that it's impossible to dislike. I'd be rooting for them against any other team.

Everyone here is rooting for the Cards, because it their old team and old QB. The Cards, right now, may have more support in STL than the Rams do.
dare2beme

« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 08:18 »

I hate lame-o thug posers, but that doesn't make me hate the cards.

If you ain't a Steeler fan, you're just a Jag-off...especially here in Jacksonburgh, FL!
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 08:49 »

I hear Warner sternly disciplined his dog once. That's about all I can come up with. Let's face it, these guys are warm and fuzzy. If they were playing anyone besides the Steelers I'D be rooting for them. Hopefully one of them shoots his mouth off on media day.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 08:57 »

Boldin's attitude this past Sunday gives me a reason.  Screaming at your OC in front of the camera's is bad enough, leaving the stadium instead of celebrating with the guy's who helped get you to this point is something all together different.  Complete lack of class in my opinion.

That video just made me laugh if anything else.  I love watching white dude's rap and pretend to be 'gangsta'.  I just can't take those type of people seriously.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 09:50 »

Hate?  Nah...they're idiotic and obnoxious, but still funny. 

I doubt it's any worse than the endless trail of Stiller songs that I like but other fans hate.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Puma170

« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 09:56 »

It's tough for me to even dislike them.  This was comical/annoying but it is the best that I could come up with.  I would appreciate any help...

PUMA
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 10:16 »

Boldin's attitude this past Sunday gives me a reason.  Screaming at your OC in front of the camera's is bad enough, leaving the stadium instead of celebrating with the guy's who helped get you to this point is something all together different.  Complete lack of class in my opinion.

I dunno if I'd be so quick to jump on Boldin for that one.  From what I've read/heard, Haley is a major, major prick and generally, players do not like him at all.  This comes from multiple players on several teams that have played for him.

I'm not condoning him leaving the field as I think that's bush to blow off your teammates, but considering Haley's rep, I'm willing to give Boldin the bene of the doubt.  Who knows what was said there.  Remember, this is a guy that had to have his face put back together with seven titanium plates and 40 screws, plus docs had to shift his entire jaw forward.  He was supposed to be out 6-8, but came back after two. 

He's tough, probably the toughest in the league.  He's a gamer and he wants to win.  Haley, OTOH, comes across as a sniveling bastard.  Still, their personalities aside, I think it's tough to pass judgment in this situation because we just don't know enough about what actually went on.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 10:33 »

I dunno if I'd be so quick to jump on Boldin for that one.  From what I've read/heard, Haley is a major, major prick and generally, players do not like him at all.  This comes from multiple players on several teams that have played for him.

Well, now, there's something to give us a little "hate."  A very little, but it's something.

AJ, I tend to agree with you on Boldin.  He's had a ton of things come up this year that were frustrating and it just all came to a head and blew up at the wrong time.  I saw it myself this year at the end of my son's football season.  He did something on the sidelines during a game that was totally inappropriate, and to his face, I told him that.  Under my breath, however, I was mumbling, "But I understand."

Another thing that people seem to forget is that Warner was arguing with Haley at the BEGINNING of the game, after a TD drive IIRC.  And they weren't just talking, they were into it.  If the guy can piss off Warner after a TD drive, that may say something about him.

Just for fun, and since we discussed it concerning Ray Lewis--how would Boldin look in black and gold opposite Hines Ward?  Won't happen, but it would be nice!

jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 10:56 »

I've posted this before in a previous post awhile ago but let me reiterate...Cards fans are dicks and they act like fools when they win.  after losing to them last year my friends and I were leaving the stadium and saw multiple terrible towels stompings and insults from a group that, although I know they haven't won shit ever, at least have a little class about it when you do.  I'm not sure if it's worse now than before they came to Phoenix because before that everyone was a Dallas fan (the mexican radio stations were very smart and broadcast all the Cowboys games, therefore converting the town to Big D fans).  It almost was better getting shit from people who were rooting for a team that actually used to win games....anyway, let's stomp on this shit!!

angry5 tt03 tt02

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 11:03 »

Just for fun, and since we discussed it concerning Ray Lewis--how would Boldin look in black and gold opposite Hines Ward?  Won't happen, but it would be nice!

Wouldn't even need to discuss it.  Like you said though, would be nice.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 11:07 »

I've posted this before in a previous post awhile ago but let me reiterate...Cards fans are dicks and they act like fools when they win.  after losing to them last year my friends and I were leaving the stadium and saw multiple terrible towels stompings and insults from a group that, although I know they haven't won shit ever, at least have a little class about it when you do.  I'm not sure if it's worse now than before they came to Phoenix because before that everyone was a Dallas fan (the mexican radio stations were very smart and broadcast all the Cowboys games, therefore converting the town to Big D fans).  It almost was better getting shit from people who were rooting for a team that actually used to win games....anyway, let's stomp on this shit!!

angry5 tt03 tt02

It's tough to "act like you've been there before" when...well, you haven't.

B)

PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 11:31 »

They can keep Boldin, but I'll be more than happy to take Fitz of their hands.  Grin

No walking out on teammates because he didn't get his way.  Basically we wouldn't have to worry about him acting like a six year old.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 11:40 »

I guess one thing not to like - about the fan base anyway - is they are total bandwagoners.  Couldn't even sell out their first playoff game until Friday.

Wonder what the ratio of Steeler/Cards fans will be in Tampa.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 13:43 »

I guess one thing not to like - about the fan base anyway - is they are total bandwagoners.  Couldn't even sell out their first playoff game until Friday.

Wonder what the ratio of Steeler/Cards fans will be in Tampa.

Last estimate I saw (USA Today, I think) estimated it would be 60-40 minimum 70-30 max Steeler fans.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #15 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 14:18 »

Here's reason #1 to hate the Cards...

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 14:51 »

Here's reason #1 to hate the Cards...

Is that Gene Simmons?

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 15:22 »

No, it's Ann B. Davis, with a spankin' new butchy doo...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jasonic

« Reply #18 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 15:30 »

AHAHAHAHA!!!!

is she on that show, "and then there was Troy?"

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 15:40 »

Well I'll be damned.  She ditched the dyke look.

Left, is Dyke-Brenda.  Right, she's the blonde in the left of the frame.

See, now that pisses me off royally, cuz there go all my best jokes.

I bet she still likes muff-diving, though.  And Jesus.  But probably muff'n more.
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2009 at 15:42 by Finnegans Wake » Logged

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 16:49 »

Just heard one of the Cards on ESPN talking about how much the Whizzinator wants to stick it to the Steelers.  That's not really a reason to dislike them, but it makes me want the Steelers to win that much more.  I do NOT want Whiz to get a ring before Tomlin.

leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 22:42 »

Just heard one of the Cards on ESPN talking about how much the Whizzinator wants to stick it to the Steelers.  That's not really a reason to dislike them, but it makes me want the Steelers to win that much more.  I do NOT want Whiz to get a ring before Tomlin.

That's the bottom line for me.  Although, of course, Whiz & Grimm both have rings from '05...
I just don't want anyone to be able to question the Rooney's selection of Tomlin.

I love Fitz.  I actually like Boldin, Edge, Leinart, Warner - hell, I don't even mind Brenda, since she changed her look (good for her to realize the last one was not cool!).  But no way can I consider the possibility of Whiz beating Tomlin when it means something.
Last year was a fluke, and a learning experience for us.

LET'S GO STEELERS!!

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #22 on: Jan 23, 2009 at 07:08 »

AHAHAHAHA!!!!

is she on that show, "and then there was Troy?"

She obviously guest-starred on the show "Nip/Tuck".

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
Puma170

« Reply #23 on: Jan 23, 2009 at 08:35 »

I think what you see is the difference between what you look like when your husband just got done bagging groceries as compared to what you look like when your husband is in the NFL. 

Anyway, how about take #2...

I instantly dislike this kid and it has nothing to do with his choice of teams.

PUMA
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #24 on: Jan 23, 2009 at 08:44 »

I instantly dislike this kid and it has nothing to do with his choice of teams.

Same reaction here.  Is it his nifty editing skillz, the way he pops into frame from who knows where next?

Prediction:  aj_law needs a new monitor after he throws a remote through it.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Jan 23, 2009 at 09:25 »

That kid needs to be stuffed in a locker.

Oh, and thanks for the update on Brenda.  Hadn't heard.

flipoff
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2009 at 09:37 by aj_law » Logged

Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Jan 23, 2009 at 09:33 »

Puma, your Raven buddies must be avoiding you like the plague if you have time to find that crap on YouTube!  lol

Seriously, stuffed in a locker?  No, that's a straight beat-down in front of the principal's office...and there ain't an administrator in the world who'd convict you!  What's with the 80s Neil Lomax Throwback haircut?  It's like a bad Mel Kiper doo, and that's pretty rough.

By the way, my wife hates Kiper for many reasons, but mainly because he has the David Puddy squint going.  Every time he's on she says, "Hey it's Puddy.  Yeah, that's right!"

Puma170

« Reply #27 on: Jan 23, 2009 at 09:41 »

Puma, your Raven buddies must be avoiding you like the plague if you have time to find that crap on YouTube!  lol

It has been strangely quiet and I am LOVING IT!!!  I am trying to take the high road and not rub it in.  I might if things go well next Sunday.

PUMA
jasonic

« Reply #28 on: Jan 23, 2009 at 15:20 »

is it just me or do you find it odd when people like their "other" team so much?  I can't see why someone would like anyone but the steelers...i would not want this dork to be a fan of my team anyway.  quite sad.... helmet

burghboi
N00b

« Reply #29 on: Jan 23, 2009 at 22:09 »

I dont know if i should feel sorry for those guys or if i should give them props for their sense of humor.
dare2beme

« Reply #30 on: Jan 23, 2009 at 22:22 »

...or if i should give them props for their sense of humor.

Methinks that's just giving them a bit too much credit...

If you ain't a Steeler fan, you're just a Jag-off...especially here in Jacksonburgh, FL!
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #31 on: Jan 24, 2009 at 07:58 »

I've purposely tried to stay away from major sports networks this week, but the few things I've seen have been almost exclusively about the Cards. The Steelers may be the Vegas favorite but the Cards are definitely the media favorite.

That, combined with soundbites like this, should lead to one pissed off Steeler team next Sunday.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Jan 24, 2009 at 09:50 »

I've purposely tried to stay away from major sports networks this week, but the few things I've seen have been almost exclusively about the Cards. The Steelers may be the Vegas favorite but the Cards are definitely the media favorite.

That, combined with soundbites like this, should lead to one pissed off Steeler team next Sunday.

Actually, I've listened to WAY too much media this week, and I felt that it was a little slanted towards Pittsburgh.  But who knows?

Either way, we need to come out focused and ready to play.  I want us to CLEARLY distinguish ourselves as the best team, so that we don't have to listen to two months of "The refs gave it to them!"

Puma170

« Reply #33 on: Jan 29, 2009 at 14:34 »

This maybe finally did it for me...

Please tell me there isn't a chance they lose this thing to the Cardinals?

PUMA
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Jan 29, 2009 at 16:30 »

What's with all the wigga action among cards "fans"?  Is that prominent in the desert, and, if so, does it explain jasonic's love of all things rap-rock?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jasonic

« Reply #35 on: Jan 29, 2009 at 17:22 »

penso, don't blow my cover and tell everyone here I'm actually Fred Durst.....whoops, i guess i am that stupid.  Hey, at least I did it for the cookie, or nookie or something.

Pages: 1 2 ... 4 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: