Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 23, 2014 at 13:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ben gets an X-Ray  (Read 637 times)
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« on: Jan 29, 2009 at 15:23 »

On his ribs...been complaining of pain in the ribcage. Just on NFL live. I hope he is not doing this to set up his excuse in case he plays poorly.

Brinker

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2009 at 15:26 »

Pretty weird...hard to believe that they did anything this week that could cause rib pain.  I think, more than likely, he's setting himself up to be a hero if he plays well.

You know that he gets an x-ray every other week for something anyway.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2009 at 15:29 »

Ben would get his balls x-rayed if some chick shot him down after flirting with him.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
jrobnz

« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2009 at 15:36 »

They were talking about it on Sirius, said it was just a precaution because of the back pain he had after the Rat game, the late hit with no call.  they didn't say he was complaining, they just did it to make sure everythink was OK
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2009 at 16:28 »

Good idea to wait until the Thursday before the Super Bowl to get a look at it.
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2009 at 16:47 »

this is really one of the only things that drive me nuts about ben....SHUT UP about these "injuries".  it really accomplishes nothing but negative looks and another reason for the D to cheap shot him and try to aggrivate the ribs.

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
jrobnz

« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2009 at 17:45 »

Ben said absolutely nothing about his ribs.  The local news is saying they have no idea where the story came from.  They even asked Ben about it and he had no idea what they were talking about.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jan 29, 2009 at 18:39 »

Tomlin denies report on possible Roethlisberger X-ray
Thursday, January 29, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

TAMPA -- Another injury, another mystery hovers around quarterback Ben Roethlisberger as the Super Bowl nears.

Coach Mike Tomlin today denied a report that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had X-rays on his back/ribs on Wednesday.

"Not that I heard," Tomlin told a pool reporter after Roethlisberger went through a full practice yesterday. "Ben's health is often the subject of inaccurate reports. He's fine."

Access to Super Bowl practices here are limited to one pool reporter for each team. Peter King of Sports Illustrated is covering Steelers' practices and files a pool report each day.

Roethlisberger was speared during the AFC championship game and was shown talking to a doctor and trainer in the tunnel at Heinz Field while backup Byron Leftwich warmed up. However, he never left the game. He did sit out practice last Wednesday in Pittsburgh and the reason given by Tomlin on his injury report was "back."

He has practiced since, and King reported he had a good one yesterday.

Roethlisberger, at media interviews earlier in the day, refused to discuss the report on profootballtalk.com that he an X-ray on his back/ribs.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09029/945554-66.stm
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jan 29, 2009 at 18:43 »

Tomlin denies report on possible Roethlisberger X-ray
Thursday, January 29, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

TAMPA -- Another injury, another mystery hovers around quarterback Ben Roethlisberger as the Super Bowl nears.

Coach Mike Tomlin today denied a report that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had X-rays on his back/ribs on Wednesday.

"Not that I heard," Tomlin told a pool reporter after Roethlisberger went through a full practice yesterday. "Ben's health is often the subject of inaccurate reports. He's fine."

Access to Super Bowl practices here are limited to one pool reporter for each team. Peter King of Sports Illustrated is covering Steelers' practices and files a pool report each day.

Roethlisberger was speared during the AFC championship game and was shown talking to a doctor and trainer in the tunnel at Heinz Field while backup Byron Leftwich warmed up. However, he never left the game. He did sit out practice last Wednesday in Pittsburgh and the reason given by Tomlin on his injury report was "back."

He has practiced since, and King reported he had a good one yesterday.

Roethlisberger, at media interviews earlier in the day, refused to discuss the report on profootballtalk.com that he an X-ray on his back/ribs.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09029/945554-66.stm

So y'all just back up off Ben.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
jrobnz

« Reply #9 on: Jan 29, 2009 at 18:51 »

url=http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_609395.html]http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_609395.html[/urlhttp://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_609395.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: