Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 21, 2014 at 02:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In an attempt to develop some level of dislike for the Cards...  (Read 2557 times)
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« on: Jan 22, 2009 at 08:03 »

I present this...

http://www.youtube.com/v/hedS0NAwjBc&border=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1

Does that help?

PUMA
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 08:12 »

Go from the hated Ravens to a team that it's impossible to dislike. I'd be rooting for them against any other team.

Everyone here is rooting for the Cards, because it their old team and old QB. The Cards, right now, may have more support in STL than the Rams do.
dare2beme

« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 08:18 »

I hate lame-o thug posers, but that doesn't make me hate the cards.

If you ain't a Steeler fan, you're just a Jag-off...especially here in Jacksonburgh, FL!
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 08:49 »

I hear Warner sternly disciplined his dog once. That's about all I can come up with. Let's face it, these guys are warm and fuzzy. If they were playing anyone besides the Steelers I'D be rooting for them. Hopefully one of them shoots his mouth off on media day.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 08:57 »

Boldin's attitude this past Sunday gives me a reason.  Screaming at your OC in front of the camera's is bad enough, leaving the stadium instead of celebrating with the guy's who helped get you to this point is something all together different.  Complete lack of class in my opinion.

That video just made me laugh if anything else.  I love watching white dude's rap and pretend to be 'gangsta'.  I just can't take those type of people seriously.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 09:50 »

Hate?  Nah...they're idiotic and obnoxious, but still funny. 

I doubt it's any worse than the endless trail of Stiller songs that I like but other fans hate.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 09:56 »

It's tough for me to even dislike them.  This was comical/annoying but it is the best that I could come up with.  I would appreciate any help...

PUMA
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 10:16 »

Boldin's attitude this past Sunday gives me a reason.  Screaming at your OC in front of the camera's is bad enough, leaving the stadium instead of celebrating with the guy's who helped get you to this point is something all together different.  Complete lack of class in my opinion.

I dunno if I'd be so quick to jump on Boldin for that one.  From what I've read/heard, Haley is a major, major prick and generally, players do not like him at all.  This comes from multiple players on several teams that have played for him.

I'm not condoning him leaving the field as I think that's bush to blow off your teammates, but considering Haley's rep, I'm willing to give Boldin the bene of the doubt.  Who knows what was said there.  Remember, this is a guy that had to have his face put back together with seven titanium plates and 40 screws, plus docs had to shift his entire jaw forward.  He was supposed to be out 6-8, but came back after two. 

He's tough, probably the toughest in the league.  He's a gamer and he wants to win.  Haley, OTOH, comes across as a sniveling bastard.  Still, their personalities aside, I think it's tough to pass judgment in this situation because we just don't know enough about what actually went on.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 10:33 »

I dunno if I'd be so quick to jump on Boldin for that one.  From what I've read/heard, Haley is a major, major prick and generally, players do not like him at all.  This comes from multiple players on several teams that have played for him.

Well, now, there's something to give us a little "hate."  A very little, but it's something.

AJ, I tend to agree with you on Boldin.  He's had a ton of things come up this year that were frustrating and it just all came to a head and blew up at the wrong time.  I saw it myself this year at the end of my son's football season.  He did something on the sidelines during a game that was totally inappropriate, and to his face, I told him that.  Under my breath, however, I was mumbling, "But I understand."

Another thing that people seem to forget is that Warner was arguing with Haley at the BEGINNING of the game, after a TD drive IIRC.  And they weren't just talking, they were into it.  If the guy can piss off Warner after a TD drive, that may say something about him.

Just for fun, and since we discussed it concerning Ray Lewis--how would Boldin look in black and gold opposite Hines Ward?  Won't happen, but it would be nice!

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 10:56 »

I've posted this before in a previous post awhile ago but let me reiterate...Cards fans are dicks and they act like fools when they win.  after losing to them last year my friends and I were leaving the stadium and saw multiple terrible towels stompings and insults from a group that, although I know they haven't won shit ever, at least have a little class about it when you do.  I'm not sure if it's worse now than before they came to Phoenix because before that everyone was a Dallas fan (the mexican radio stations were very smart and broadcast all the Cowboys games, therefore converting the town to Big D fans).  It almost was better getting shit from people who were rooting for a team that actually used to win games....anyway, let's stomp on this shit!!

angry5 tt03 tt02

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: