Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 01:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kiper's first mock draft  (Read 1587 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #10 on: Jan 23, 2009 at 11:58 »

Maybe if Ben started shoving Colbert to the ground hard each time he walks by, he'll begin to get the idea.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Jan 23, 2009 at 12:47 »

Well, they ARE better--but "better" relative to what?  If the Lions go 1-15 next year, they'll be "better," but they'll still suck. 

Starks, who everybody now loves, still just gets beat off the edge way too often.

That play where he got smoked by Suggs was just brutal.  No offense to a guy who played hurt, but I could've made that sack.  He just let Suggs basically stroll by him, waved at him as he went by.  All he has to do is slow him up for ONE SECOND and Ben could have scrambled away.  It was just plain lack of effort and concentration, and there is no excuse for that on the NFL level.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Jan 23, 2009 at 13:15 »

To make matters worse, didn't the Ravens only rush 3 on that play?

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Jan 23, 2009 at 13:38 »

To make matters worse, didn't the Ravens only rush 3 on that play?

Yes!  angry4 angry5 cussing tickedoff

At least Colon tries, I can rarely fault his effort.  Now if we could get someone with talent AND effort, that would make me feel better.

Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #14 on: Jan 23, 2009 at 16:11 »

*daydreams about an offensive line consisting of Gross at LT and Oher at RT*

:wetdream:

I'll be tempted to find Colbert and kick his teeth in.

He used to live a few doors down from my dad in Cranberry. KC has probably moved since, but perhaps he's still kickin' it in Treesdale. Check for him there. #5 fairway.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
burghboi
N00b

« Reply #15 on: Jan 23, 2009 at 22:46 »

Mel Kiper's first round

Pick  Team   Player    Position    College
32 Pittsburgh - Alex Mack C California

I wouldn't complain about that. I'd rather see an OT, but if he's the best talent available, then so be it.

I like the red, highlighted part, and could almost barely give a hoot what comes after that red-highlighted part.  If you can win a championship with our current OL, you can win one with just about any OL.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #16 on: Jan 24, 2009 at 17:13 »

Mel Kiper's first round

Pick  Team   Player    Position    College
32 Pittsburgh - Alex Mack C California

I wouldn't complain about that. I'd rather see an OT, but if he's the best talent available, then so be it.

I like the red, highlighted part, and could almost barely give a hoot what comes after that red-highlighted part.  If you can win a championship with our current OL, you can win one with just about any OL.

Thanks to the defense this team could have probably went 9-7 without even fielding an offense. The team won in spite of, not because of, the shitty line. I don't know about you, but I'd rather Ben not be in a wheelchair at 30 thanks to these hacks.

Draft O-linemen. Repeat.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #17 on: Jan 26, 2009 at 06:42 »

If that holds to form, then I'm hoping that we'll put something together to move up five spots for Oher.  I think the guy is way undervalued, but I guess we'll have to see how it goes at the combine. 

In my typical Furman Homer form, I'll also lobby that we may be able to pick up a late-round find.  Joel Bell, 6-7, 315 left tackle.  Talk around here is that he is one of the most "gifted" athletes that no one ever heard of, and could certainly be a diamond in the rough for us.

Sounds good.

My homer pick of the year is none other than....Patrick White, QB, The West Virginia University. DARFT PAT WITE!!!!1111 Plus he has grown up in Alabama as a Steeler fan.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Jan 26, 2009 at 09:36 »

My homer pick of the year is none other than....Patrick White, QB, The West Virginia University. DARFT PAT WITE!!!!1111 Plus he has grown up in Alabama as a Steeler fan.

Where is he hoping to play as a pro?  Meaning, is he more ARE (I'll play any position) or Krodell Seward (I KNOW I'm a QB!)?

vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #19 on: Jan 26, 2009 at 10:02 »

Where is he hoping to play as a pro?  Meaning, is he more ARE (I'll play any position) or Krodell Seward (I KNOW I'm a QB!)?

I think he will do whatever it takes, but his hope is to be a QB. He was MVP of the Senior Bowl at the QB position, take that for what it's worth. I know it is a long shot, especially with Dixon in the fold, but hey, that is what homerism is all about right  headbang

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: