Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 01, 2014 at 19:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One more time, your tax dollars at work  (Read 530 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Jan 23, 2009 at 07:48 »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28793175

Once again, we see some corporate hotrod treating us like the school bully, kicking us in the crotch and taking our lunch money.  It is unbelievable that these people have been given a license to steal from the American public.

We can't lay the blame for this completely at Dubya's feet, because a ton of Democrats went along with this sham-job and called it a "bailout."  The only thing they are bailing out is our bank accounts and retirement funds.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2009 at 08:43 »

Sickening.

I heard Barney Frank a few weeks ago whining about how nobody knew the banks would spend the money like that, or that they'd sit on it and not lend.

Uhhh, DUMBASS, you were the legislators putting together the package.  You were responsible for any terms and conditions, any instructions on how the money was to be used, and any consequences if the rules weren't followed.  How the fuck do you lend billions of dollars without that in place?

I know I wouldn't just hand someone a few thousand of my own cash with no strings attached...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2009 at 09:15 »

Doesn't surprise me a bit.  If all the fat cats keep pulling BS like this they're finally gonna piss off enough working-class people and some bad shit will boil over. 

What happens with a downtrodden person having nothing to lose, perhaps somebody possessing, let's say, an explosive skill set - then he sees crap like that?  Let's see - there's a wealth of info at our fictional person's  fingertips via the series of tubes - google that CEO's name, google map his addy .... mix in a few bottles of Jack Daniels and before long you have mansions exploding in the Hamptons.

Sounds like an episode of CSI or something like CSI.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2009 at 09:25 »

What happens with a downtrodden person having nothing to lose, perhaps somebody possessing, let's say, an explosive skill set - then he sees crap like that?  Let's see - there's a wealth of info at our fictional person's  fingertips via the series of tubes - google that CEO's name, google map his addy .... mix in a few bottles of Jack Daniels and before long you have mansions exploding in the Hamptons.

I'm sure there are people who scoff at that, but I could honestly see that happening.  Back in the 70s, some guy drove his Lincoln into the middle of a Ford plant, doused it with lighter fluid and set it on fire in protest of it being such a lemon.  How long before someone needing a loan decides to bust a cap in some bank manager?  Or figures out that he can do some damage even further up the food chain?

I heard Barney Frank a few weeks ago whining about how nobody knew the banks would spend the money like that, or that they'd sit on it and not lend.

Sounds like a scene from the Atlanta Police Dept.:

Officer:  Mr. Jones, why did you give the other Mr. Jones a key to the strip club?

Jerry:  Well, I didn't know he'd actually GO!

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: