Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 16, 2014 at 08:53 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tomlin tells players "No Gatorade shower if we win Super Bowl"  (Read 992 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Jan 26, 2009 at 07:32 »

I have to admit, I am a lot more concerned about playing the Cards then I thought I would be. Warner, Fitz, and a pretty much healthy Bolden can really put a hurt on even the best secondaries. I still think deep down exactly like you do Finny. We have to win this game, but I am certainly uneasy, and definitely NOT overconfident at all.

Yes.  But, they really haven't PLAYED the best secondaries.  Carolina and Atlanta are not good in the defensive backfield.  Neither brings pressure in the same way, from as many different directions.  Philly gave up the majority of their yardage in the first half, and they certainly did a good job after they got themselves together.

Although, I have had some nervous flutters/worries these past few days.  Like, Oh my God, what if they come out and hit us like they did those NFC patsies?    Visions of Warner hoisting the Lombardi, Bidwell hoisting it (agggh!), Fitzie as MVP...  It's like night terrors. 

Gotta remember, we're the Steelers.  We can do this.  We will do this.  We gotta obliterate those sadass birds.  Help me keep my faith...

I'm doing the intestinal flip-flop, Finny.  One minute, I'm thinking, "SURELY we are not going to lose to this team."  Next minute, I'm thinking, "OMG, we could lose the Super Bowl to the CARDINALS!"  Again, I firmly believe that we should win this game, and that we're a better team, but that doesn't always translate into victory.

He knew/knows there's more work to do.
Which is why, if we win this Super Bowl, I'm not so sure BA is safe.

Oh, LC, don't tease!

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Jan 26, 2009 at 08:05 »

Gotta remember, we're the Steelers.  We can do this.  We will do this.  We gotta obliterate those sadass birds.  Help me keep my faith...

Yes, I'm better now. Just watched the highlights of the Indy game and saw what silly mistakes led to the loss, and I find it hard to believe we'll make the same mistakes. Even with the volleyball setup TD Ike gave Wayne, we still should have won that game, and the Cards offense isn't as good as the Colts. In LeBeau I trust. (However, I reserve the right to have multiple meltdowns this week leading up to the game)

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Jan 26, 2009 at 09:18 »

Y2J told me last week that he heard Mr. Odd from Essey is a big fan of Asian golden showers.

Tomlin wins it, he's gettin' Gatorade in his grill, whether he likes it or not.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: