Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 30, 2014 at 07:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tomlin tells players "No Gatorade shower if we win Super Bowl"  (Read 969 times)
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« on: Jan 25, 2009 at 07:59 »

I'm getting the sense that the Steelers are going into this thing over-confident. I don't like this.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2009 at 13:39 »

"If" being the key word in Tomlin's quote.  Now if he stated "when", then I would have a little bit of a problem.

Going by the interviews I have read and heard over the last week, the players have been pretty humble and levelheaded.  While they seem confident (well let's hope so), I do not get a sense of over-confidence and I definately do not get a sense of cockiness.

The same can be said for the Cardinals.

Eitherway, many players on this roster have been there before, they know how to mentally handle themselves and I'm sure they will give the younger guy's a few tips if they haven't already.

I am more worried about Fitz than I am over-confidence.  
« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2009 at 13:44 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2009 at 16:51 »

I think this came up because Tomlin got the Gatorade bath after the AFCC... did he ever get one here before?  He hates them, BTW.  So it was in response to that.

Overconfident?  Nah.  I think the vets are going to keep this team grounded.

As Pgh43 said, Fitz is the main concern here.  In **** we trust.

Although, I have had some nervous flutters/worries these past few days.  Like, Oh my God, what if they come out and hit us like they did those NFC patsies?    Visions of Warner hoisting the Lombardi, Bidwell hoisting it (agggh!), Fitzie as MVP...  It's like night terrors. 

Gotta remember, we're the Steelers.  We can do this.  We will do this.  We gotta obliterate those sadass birds.  Help me keep my faith...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2009 at 17:31 »

I think this came up because Tomlin got the Gatorade bath after the AFCC... did he ever get one here before?  He hates them, BTW.  So it was in response to that.

Overconfident?  Nah.  I think the vets are going to keep this team grounded.

As Pgh43 said, Fitz is the main concern here.  In **** we trust.

Although, I have had some nervous flutters/worries these past few days.  Like, Oh my God, what if they come out and hit us like they did those NFC patsies?    Visions of Warner hoisting the Lombardi, Bidwell hoisting it (agggh!), Fitzie as MVP...  It's like night terrors. 

Gotta remember, we're the Steelers.  We can do this.  We will do this.  We gotta obliterate those sadass birds.  Help me keep my faith...

I have to admit, I am a lot more concerned about playing the Cards then I thought I would be. Warner, Fitz, and a pretty much healthy Bolden can really put a hurt on even the best secondaries. I still think deep down exactly like you do Finny. We have to win this game, but I am certainly uneasy, and definitely NOT overconfident at all.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2009 at 20:24 »

Obviously he hates them, given his reaction after the AFCC.  I don't blame him, it was effing cold!!
And he doesn't seem to me to be a guy give to overt celebration.  He knew/knows there's more work to do.
Which is why, if we win this Super Bowl, I'm not so sure BA is safe.

We can do this.  Rivers came in on a streak.  Doubts that we could contain the SD offense, but we did.
Flacco came in as wonder-rookie.  Unflappable.  But as Woodley said, he looked good cause he hadn't played our boys.

So much is being made of Whiz & Grimm knowing our offense.  Doesn't anybody think that LeBeau knows what they're gonna do?  I mean, he's not stupid... blink

I'm not overconfident.  But I know we can beat these guys.  No matter what BA does, we can beat these guys.
If the D has to score 35 points, so be it.
But Ben's better than that.  He outfoxed Ed Reed.
I ain't skeered.
 smiley_towel smiley_towel smiley_towel
 eck02 eck02 eck02

I'm still the one with the boobs.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2009 at 21:03 »

I'm getting the sense that the Steelers are going into this thing over-confident. I don't like this.

There is no overconfidence in the steeler camp i assure you.  Tomlin had practice every normal day last week whereas whizzer gave his boys 2 extra days off and had only 3 practices all week.

I've never been part of any super bowl week, but im pretty sure practice time is at a premium with all the media blitz and what not.  seems Tomlin is going full tilt for this one.

They will be prepared and then some.  Prepared to inflict pain. injured

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2009 at 21:08 »

But... but... but... espn.com said Tomlin wasn't even in the top 8 most prepared coaches in the playoffs!

A shabby Charlie Brown.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2009 at 21:16 »

But... but... but... espn.com said Tomlin wasn't even in the top 8 most prepared coaches in the playoffs!

whats espn?

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2009 at 22:27 »

whats espn?

ROTFLMAO
 clap
 eck02

I'm still the one with the boobs.
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #9 on: Jan 25, 2009 at 23:37 »

whats espn?

I believe that ESPN is an old, old wooden ship dating back to the Civil War era.

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: