Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 23, 2014 at 23:49 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Da Burgh  (Read 1391 times)
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« on: Jan 26, 2009 at 08:38 »

Saw some show last night, Man vs Food, and he was in Pisstburgh.  Went to Primanti Bros etc, but I like the looks of Daluka's - Doluka's not sure how it is spelled.  They have a menu item called Mixed Grill.  1 lb of red and green peppers, onions and maybe some shrooms.  Add two sausage patties, hash browns and 3 eggs.  Anyone ever had it?  I might cook up some of that for SB Sunday breakfast.   

My kids were diggin their pancakes topped with a scoop of ice cream, whipped cream etc etc.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2009 at 09:28 »

Tried to merge this topic into the "MGS Weight Loss 2009" thread, but I kept getting some kinda weird "exceeded fat calories bandwidth" error message.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
dare2beme

« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2009 at 09:36 »

Tried to merge this topic into the "MGS Weight Loss 2009" thread, but I kept getting some kinda weird "exceeded fat calories bandwidth" error message.

I'm an IT professional.  You forgot to shut off the firewall's "stomach staple" filter.

If you ain't a Steeler fan, you're just a Jag-off...especially here in Jacksonburgh, FL!
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2009 at 11:18 »

Saw some show last night, Man vs Food, and he was in Pisstburgh.  Went to Primanti Bros etc, but I like the looks of Daluka's - Doluka's not sure how it is spelled.  They have a menu item called Mixed Grill.  1 lb of red and green peppers, onions and maybe some shrooms.  Add two sausage patties, hash browns and 3 eggs.  Anyone ever had it?  I might cook up some of that for SB Sunday breakfast.   

My kids were diggin their pancakes topped with a scoop of ice cream, whipped cream etc etc.

Deluca's is very good, but get's packed wall to wall on a Sunday and I have had the mixed grill.  It's great while your eating it, but you feel it for the rest of the day....or week depending on how well your digestive system works.  It's good though.  Well worth the trip if your in Pittsburgh and if you want a good breakfast.

I was hoping he would have chosen Fatheads over Quaker Steak and Lube and Primanti's when it came to the hot wings challenge and if he were looking for a big sandwich.  There are other places to eat in this city outside of Primanti's.  I have seen a few specials on the travel channel and even the food network when it comes to Pittsburgh and they always hit up Primanti's.  Expand the horizon's.  Get's kind of old.

He was spot on though when it comes to Deluca's.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2009 at 11:35 »

Quaker Steak and Lube

They just opened one in Greenville, SC, right in my "back yard." 

Mmmmmmmm...

However, it is not helping me get anywhere in the weight loss thread.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2009 at 12:15 »

I'm going to eat healthy on Saturday and make Sunday my fat day.  Mrs. BV asked if I really wanted to eat that knowing there will be lot and lots of good food at the SB party.  I figure there will be at least 6 hours between the two events, so I should be good.  Probably cut back the amount of veggies, and go with 2 eggs instead of 3.

JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2009 at 23:44 »

There are other places to eat in this city outside of Primanti's.

apparantly, to outsiders, Primantis is synonomous to pittsburgh as the steel mills are for some unknown reason.  I know that place has been around for ages, but come on, its just an ordinary sandwhich with french fries on it FFS.  Besides, im willing to wager that the mill worker to popped collar frat boy ratio is probably around 0:1 during any given time period at that place.  hardly a pittsburgh institution anymore

dont get me wrong, i enjoyed a many drunkin late night face stuffers from Primantis during the college years, but would prefer to have a Carhops located on west liberty now. 

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
dare2beme

« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2009 at 00:56 »

apparantly, to outsiders, Primantis is synonomous to pittsburgh as the steel mills are for some unknown reason.

I honestly don't mind Primantis being synonymous with Pittsburgh...it beats steel mills lol
It's kind of an identity thing...like cheesesteaks in Philly or wings in Buffalo...I'm sure there are plenty of better sandwich places in Philly than your run-of-the-mill cheesesteak.

If you ain't a Steeler fan, you're just a Jag-off...especially here in Jacksonburgh, FL!
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jan 27, 2009 at 07:53 »

OK - since I'm going to try to duplicate somthing I've never had before, what is the veggie portion seasoned with, anything or just sauteed?

I mihgt have to wait until about 10:00 a.m. to make it so I can chase the sausage with Tequila.   cheer help insane  Hopefully not  puke

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Jan 27, 2009 at 09:10 »

Don't do it BV.

Your bike shorts will balloon with rancidity.

I don't care how great the sound and picture is...

If the room smells like Finny's gopher jerking/cider makin' room - not good.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: