Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 01, 2014 at 01:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Woodson--picking Cardinals?  (Read 1615 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Jan 28, 2009 at 13:05 »

He did not pick the Cardinals to win the Super Bowl, not yet anyway, but he did say they could pick the Steelers apart.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Jan 28, 2009 at 13:10 »

but he did say they could pick the Steelers apart.

And he could go into the HOF as a Raven.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #12 on: Jan 28, 2009 at 14:04 »

When stuff like this is said I swear whoever says it (no offense Rod) is stuck in some time warp where our DBs are Chad Scott, DeWayne Washington, Lee Flowers, and Brent Alexander.

News flash, our secondary has alot more fucking speed than that these days. They can run with these Wrs, they close fast, and the hit. Hard. And the backups are better than Hank Poteat.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Jan 28, 2009 at 16:24 »

Eric Allen was on ESPN radio with Estrada, and he picked the Cards. Of course, he slipped up during the interview and called Ben "Rottenburger" so I think he may be biased.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Jan 29, 2009 at 06:42 »

Eric Allen was on ESPN radio with Estrada, and he picked the Cards. Of course, he slipped up during the interview and called Ben "Rottenburger" so I think he may be biased.

Maybe, but I've heard Eric Allen do that a number of times over the years.  Probably more of a mental block now than a Freudian slip.  Many Eagles are prone to mental blocks.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
jburghfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #15 on: Jan 29, 2009 at 12:30 »

I keep hearing, too, that the Cardinals run exactly the kind of offense that gives a 3-4 and the Steelers in particular trouble. Woodson is saying this. I think there's an argument for this

I disagree with this.....The 3-4 zone blitz scheme was created to counter this type of offense.....Think Warren Moon and those old Houston teams.....The success teams had against us in the past was more about a lack of talent.....

Talking heads are underestimating our offense.....we will run the football and control the clock against this team.....If we protect the football we win going away...

This game should look alot like the Denver playoff game during the XL run......

Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Jan 29, 2009 at 12:41 »

I disagree with this.....The 3-4 zone blitz scheme was created to counter this type of offense.....Think Warren Moon and those old Houston teams.....The success teams had against us in the past was more about a lack of talent.....

Curt Warner lifetime Qb rating 93.8
Curt Warner lifetime Qb rating vs. 3-4 teams 91.2

Pretty much the same.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
jburghfan

« Reply #17 on: Jan 29, 2009 at 12:52 »

How many of those 3-4 teams were the #1 D in the Nfl.......Across the board......And had the talent this team has......
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Jan 29, 2009 at 13:06 »

How many of those 3-4 teams were the #1 D in the Nfl.......Across the board......And had the talent this team has......

Actually, about half of those are against the Steelers, Pats, or Ravens.

jburghfan

« Reply #19 on: Jan 29, 2009 at 13:14 »

But, when against those teams?.....When he played with the Rams.....With Faulk and those REALLY explosive teams.......And this game is not just about the great Kurt Warner....

We should be able to pressure him without selling out like the Eagles did.....That puts D backs and linebackers in those passing lanes he was able to exploit with his quick release....

I think we move the ball on this team, and control the clock.....We have faced much better defenses this season and much better front 7's than the Cards have to offer.....

If we protect the football we win going away....
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: