Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 19, 2014 at 22:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Value chart  (Read 896 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Feb 06, 2009 at 15:18 »

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2009 at 15:20 »

I think this guy's valuations are really interesting.  As in, he's not just Xeroxing what everyone else is doing.

The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2009 at 19:06 »

So based on this guys board we could end up with combination of Beatty, Jackson or Mack in the 1st 2 rounds.  I would be pleased with any 2 of those 3 guys.

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2009 at 16:40 »

So based on this guys board we could end up with combination of Beatty, Jackson or Mack in the 1st 2 rounds.  I would be pleased with any 2 of those 3 guys.

Nope. Not gonna happen IMO. Pick one of the three as your 1st rouder, and then move on, because all three of those guys will be gone in the first 50 picks (unless the Stelers trade their third to move up in the second, since the have the compensatory third for Faneca)

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2009 at 17:12 »

Figure:

1.32 = Tier 4
2.64 = Tier 6
3.96 = Tier 8
~3.99 (comp) = Tier 8
~4.135 = Tier 9/10

I find the Loadholt value intriguing.  Most boards have him solidly R2; he has him as tier 9 (R4).  We've seen OTs slip from mock value (McNeil a few years ago, Collins and Nicks last year). 

By these tiers, who would you pick in each of R1-4?

I might say Britton or Beatty; Kruger, or hope Gilbert falls; Domonique Johnson, and Urbik a bit earlier than valued; and Jason Watkins.  LT, DE, CB/FS, OG, RT/LT.  Maybe get the NT Sammie Lee Hill or the kid from Temple in 5.

Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2009 at 12:07 »

I'm not as good about following the draft as some of you guys, but I'll take a shot at the first coupla rounds:

R1 - Assuming that Kiper is truly the dingleberry that we all think he is and Michael Oher doesn't drop to 1:28, I say we take a shot at Mack or Beatty.

R2 - Whichever we don't get in R1 (Mack or Beatty) we trade up to make sure we get in R2.  Give away our R3 comp pick.

R3 - I know nothing about the DL in the draft, but I would say we need to go DL here if there is any value left on the board.  I would also not mind seeing one of the many OGs get drafted, as I think we still have a need there.  Not sold on Kemo or Stapleton, certainly not Simmons.

I also still have this crazy idea that Kemo could move to NT, just seems suited to his build, abilities, and brains.  He can sub in for Snacks, and that allows Hoke to play some DE as well (I think Hoke is enough of an overachiever that he can help us at either position). 

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2009 at 12:13 »

Preach, I think one of Britton, Beatty or Mack will be there at 1.32.

We can't trade the R3 comp, but we could bundle our regular R3 + our R2 to move up, probably to the 50-52 pick?  That translates to the 18-20th pick of R2, which IMO is too late for Beatty or Britton, and probably too late for Mack as well.

I think we need one quality DL pick (R1-3, especially since we have 4 picks there if we get a R3 comp) and one value DL pick. 

A long time ago I posited the idea of Kemo as NT, given his size and strength (his brother plays DT, after all).  But given the team's recalcitrance to even try moving Colon inside, I don't think I'd hold my breath.

Anyway, I'm going to try to have an early post-SB draft article soon...

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2009 at 13:07 »

Figure:

1.32 = Tier 4
2.64 = Tier 6
3.96 = Tier 8
~3.99 (comp) = Tier 8
~4.135 = Tier 9/10

By these tiers, who would you pick in each of R1-4?

It's pretty early and I haven't done much research yet, but I'll give it a shot.  I'm gonna cheat a little too because I know who's available later.

1.32 - Max Unger (C - Oregon) - Tier 5 instead of assigned Tier 4 - Gave one back going down a tier for this pick.  Took him over Mack as I think he's just as good, but more versatile.  Can play OC, OG and probably OT in a pinch.  Good in run and pass pro.
2.64 - Fili Moala (DT - USC) - Tier 6 - Nastiness and youth added to the front three on defense.  He could 'prolly play in the middle or on the edge.  He's Haloti Ngata's cuz for those that don't know.  I'll take a shot with those bloodlines.
3.96 - Troy Kropog (OT - Tulane) - Tier 7 instead of assigned Tier 8 -  Took that one back that I gave in R1.  Steal of a pass blocker this late.  Fast, nimble with very good footwork.
3.99* - Sherrod Martin (CB/FS - Troy) - Tier 8 - Dude's a little older than your average rook which I think is a plus for this team.  A little more mature; a little wiser, etc.  Plus, he's a guy that can probably play either position which in LeBeau's schemes is always a plus.
4.135 - Phil Loadholt (OT-Oklahoma) - Tier 9 or 10 - This is really why I said I'd cheat early on.  They get a pass protecting OT in Kropog in R3 and a run blocker in Loadholt in R4.  If I had to, I'd use that R3-C pick to get him.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Feb 09, 2009 at 13:28 »

A long time ago I posited the idea of Kemo as NT, given his size and strength (his brother plays DT, after all).  But given the team's recalcitrance to even try moving Colon inside, I don't think I'd hold my breath.

I knew someone had posted that idea.  But it's just that, an idea...and I would never expect the Steelers to actually try it.  Seems pretty rare for any player at this level to make that kind of position change, but his brother is a pretty darn good defensive player.

2.64 - Fili Moala (DT - USC) - Tier 6 - Nastiness and youth added to the front three on defense.  He could 'prolly play in the middle or on the edge.  He's Haloti Ngata's cuz for those that don't know.  I'll take a shot with those bloodlines.

I won't disagree with that at all.

Of course, you KNOW who we're drafting in R5 at offensive tackle.  Come on, it's gotta happen after we screwed up and let Jerome Felton go to the friggin' LIONS!

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: