Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 01, 2014 at 04:02 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL Replay on NFL Network  (Read 1944 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Feb 01, 2009 at 23:53 »

Wed @ 8:30 pm est.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2009 at 08:44 »

I set that shit up to record in a drunken stupor Sunday Night...

PUMA
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2009 at 13:16 »

That's tonight!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2009 at 14:24 »

I am recording t tonight BECAUSE I FUKING FORGOT TO RECORD THE GAME ON SUNDAY.   iamwithstupid cussing angry5 angry4 Shocked :huh: Sad

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
dare2beme

« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2009 at 14:41 »

I am recording t tonight BECAUSE I FUKING FORGOT TO RECORD THE GAME ON SUNDAY.   iamwithstupid cussing angry5 angry4 Shocked :huh: Sad

Even though I spent the whole weekend in Tampa, I still managed to record 6.5 hours of NFL Network coverage, 5 hours of NBC pregame, plus the entire game.  I am in the process of transferring it to 3 DVDs, so all is not lost.

If you ain't a Steeler fan, you're just a Jag-off...especially here in Jacksonburgh, FL!
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2009 at 14:48 »

I cant wait to hear Madden talk over the cheespuffs stuffed in his mouth and AL Michaels be the condescending, truculent, prick that he really is.   angry4 angry5

and Yes, I do believe in miracles!

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Feb 05, 2009 at 07:57 »

A few things from watching the replay.

The comment about Harrison being ejected from the game was absolutely ridiculous.

Tomlin said he was going to take an intentinal safety if they didn't get the 1st down, instead of punting with the ball inside the 1 yd line.

When FWP barely got out of the endzone, it looked to me like if he followed his blocker, Kemo IIRC, there weren't any defenders inside the 10.  I wonder how the D knew he was running up the middle?

Harrison was all over the field.  Recovering the first fumble that was overturned.  Chasing Fitz on the break away TD, and one other play where he should have given the ball to Townsend.  OK, maybe not.   headbang helmet

I also forgot when they had Arians in the pop up box sayiing some of the slant passes to Holmes were running plays but Ben went to King Tonio when matched up 1 V 1 and they were crowding the box.  Ben must have told BA that's what they needed to do
« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2009 at 11:10 by Big Virgil » Logged

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2009 at 08:37 »

I agree with all those points.  I couldn't believe, especially in retrospect, that they wanted Harrison tossed.  In the Super Bowl?  That wouldn't get you tossed in a preseason game.  15 Yards?  Sure, but tossed?  Be serious. 

Additionally, I think that Harrison should have been the MVP.  He really was everywhere and impacted the game on a consistent basis. 

I guess it is a good thing to be able to legitimately argue for three players from your team for MVP.

PUMA
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Feb 05, 2009 at 09:55 »

A few things from watching the replay.

The comment about Harrison being ejected from the game was absolutely ridiculous.

Tomlin said he was going to take an intentinal safety if they didn't get the 1st down, instead of punting with the ball inside the 1 yd line.

When FWP barely got out of the endzone, it looked to me like if he followed his blocker, Kemo IIRC, there weren't any defenders inside the 10.  I wonder how the D knew he was running up the middle?

Harrison was all over the field.  Recovering the first fumble that was overturned.  Chasing Fitz on the break away TD, and one other play where he should have given the ball to Townsend.  OK, maybe not.   headbang helmet

That and taking the 3 points on the first drive were great coaching decisions.  Made up for some of the other head scratchers recently.  Considering how tight the game was, Arizona was right on the cusp of field goal range when Warner fumbled.
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2009 at 10:10 »

the 3rd quarter was lackluster followed by one of the greatest 4th quarters in SB history.  Reminded me of the Jags playoff last year when we were down 3 touchdowns and came back to be ahead by 2, main point obviously is that we won this game.  It's almost like Ben NEEDS to be down to muster that magic he's got in there.  either way, it's very exciting but gives me a damn heart attack every game...

The thing that needs to get fixed is our 1st and goal game....we had 6 plays in a row (after the roughing of ernster) from around the 5 and couldn't punch it in.  unacceptable.

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: