Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 23, 2014 at 09:49 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why will we be better next year?  (Read 2332 times)
KeystoneKC
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Feb 02, 2009 at 14:58 »

Yeah, getting Mendenhall back should be a plus.  But do they lose Moore?  He was a huge contributor.

Moore will be back next year, if they want him.  My notes have him signing a 3 year, $4.95M contract last offseason with a $1.35M bonus.

Cleveland:  The only NFL city to never play in, or host, a Superbowl.  That bears repeating.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #11 on: Feb 02, 2009 at 15:00 »

Yeah, getting Mendenhall back should be a plus.  But do they lose Moore?  He was a huge contributor.

Moore will be back next year, if they want him.  My notes have him signing a 3 year, $4.95M contract last offseason with a $1.35M bonus.

Oh, good.  Couldn't remember what his deal was.  In that case you're right, he's back!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Feb 02, 2009 at 16:00 »

My notes have him signing a 3 year, $4.95M contract last offseason with a $1.35M bonus.

Notes?Huh?  I havent been taking notes for years.  I hope this isnt on the test! Shocked

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Feb 02, 2009 at 16:44 »

Because they'll still have #7.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Feb 02, 2009 at 17:47 »

I thought we played the NFC South?  If it's the north then I'm very disappointed.  Was looking forward to seeing them play either in Charlotte or Atlanta.

I think we played them in 2007, because I was contemplating going to those games myself.  hopefully they'll be back in '11.
jcharding
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #15 on: Feb 02, 2009 at 17:58 »

If we don't get at least one prime OL in FA (and rely exclusively on the draft) then there will almost certainly be a transition year as the new draftees get acclimated to the pro game (unless Tony Hills bubbles up).

I am a little less concerned about DL depth than others, but it a growing concern.

I agree that McFadden might be the only STeelers FA to actually strongly chase.  His loss would be pretty significant.  I think his injury, and relatively quiet (no INTs, although it was fairly strong in terms of production) return might make him affordable.

Sepulveda will be back, and I think that the improved play of Timmons, Mendenhall and Sweed will be very helpful. 

Ultimately whether we regress or not (hard to get better following a SB win) will depend on the OL and free agency.  Heck, I am still shocked we just won the SB with that unit.  Going into the season I thought it was such a fatal flaw that we might have difficulty making the playoffs.

I don't need no stinking avatar!
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Feb 03, 2009 at 05:58 »

That's what I hate about you fair weather fans. What, you can't be bothered to take the short drive from South Carolina or Georgia to Minnesota?

Pussies.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Feb 03, 2009 at 06:25 »

That's what I hate about you fair weather fans. What, you can't be bothered to take the short drive from South Carolina or Georgia to Minnesota?

Pussies.

To quote a famous MGSer, you can "suck my member!"  Now, who has that on his profile again???

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
KeystoneKC
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Feb 03, 2009 at 20:07 »

My notes have him signing a 3 year, $4.95M contract last offseason with a $1.35M bonus.

Notes?Huh?  I havent been taking notes for years.  I hope this isnt on the test! Shocked

Dude, I'm like a thousand years old.  If it ain't writ down, I ain't rememberin it!

Cleveland:  The only NFL city to never play in, or host, a Superbowl.  That bears repeating.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Feb 03, 2009 at 20:38 »

We'll supposedly have an easier schedule next year.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: