Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 05:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 More Play  (Read 1590 times)
BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #10 on: Feb 03, 2009 at 09:47 »

Ben got injured on the same type of hit against Baltimore and it wasn't called.  It was a good call.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #11 on: Feb 03, 2009 at 10:19 »

Not that I give a shit, because we are the world fucking champions, but the roughing penalty called on the hit on Ben that looked ticky-tack is actually the correct call.

I have no doubt that it was correct according to the rules.  I say ticky-tack because I think the majority of roughing penalties are bush league.  The entire rule has become overblown.  Still, by rule and in line with the way that's been called all year, it was probably the correct call.

I agree, Preach. I dislike a lot of the recent rules changes. In particular, I hate the anti-celebration penalties. Have these rules-makers ever played the game?
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Feb 03, 2009 at 11:39 »

That anti-celebration rules are the best rules in the book.

One thing I liked about the SB was guys weren't jumping up pounding their chests and barking at a guy they tackled with the help of 2 other guys.  I was dissapointed with the TD celeb.  If that was called as a penalty, The cards start that drive at midfield or in Steeler territory.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Feb 03, 2009 at 12:02 »

That anti-celebration rules are the best rules in the book.

I used to hate the celebrations, and I still don't like Chad Johnson and TO "Bojanglin' " (Jason Whitlock) in the end zone.  But SA's celebration was pretty tame by comparison.  And really, it just makes those guys look like idiots when they lose.  If they want to make fools out of themselves, then let 'em.

I agree with you about the tackle celebrations, especially by ST players. 

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: