Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 30, 2014 at 18:54 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steelers parade  (Read 701 times)
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Feb 03, 2009 at 10:25 »

You can catch it live right now on ThePittsburghChannel. com

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2009 at 10:36 »

Thanks for the info!
smiley_towel smiley_towel smiley_towel smiley_towel smiley_towel smiley_towel

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2009 at 12:10 »

"One for the other thumb.  We did that thang!"  Casey Hampton

Cool parade.  Coach walked the route.  Reed hopped out of his truck and went through the crowd.  Harrison was holding the trophy.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2009 at 21:12 »

Went down and it was awesome.  It just stunk that they didn't let us get closer to the stage at the Point.  When I got home and watched it on the news later on today it sounded really quiet on TV.  It kind of took away from the true atmosphere down there.

While there were more people down there compared to the XL parade, I still think the parade for XL was better and for me, the Super Bowl itself was better during XL....not the actual game, but the fact that it was our first since 79', Cowher's first, Ward's first, JB's first and Townsend's first.
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2009 at 21:16 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2009 at 22:25 »

I posted, or tried to anyhoot, some pictures my friends took down at the parade today. I got screwed and couldn't take another day off from work. Thought about quitting and going into town but decided against it and just wholly quit midday, drove to the nearest bar for an extended lunch break (no booze), and went back like it was a regular day.

Haven't like proof-read the pics of whatever but if my sister took a few of shirtless half-nude black dudes I apologize.

Can't win em all. Just ax the Whiz!  Shocked HMM HAAAH

Reed hopped out of his truck and went through the crowd.

I saw that bit. He went over and hugged some broad. Was hard to see but old-school Pensodyssey favorite David Johnson  "I wonder whom the lucky lady was getting a nice hug from Jeff Reed?" quizically asked on Channel 11's feed.

Went down and it was awesome.  It just stunk that they didn't let us get closer to the stage at the Point.  When I got home and watched it on the news later on today it sounded really quiet on TV.  It kind of took away from the true atmosphere down there.

From all accounts I've heard this thing was unbelievable. Truly epic day. Tons and tons of people out. All reppin'. Having fun and very few problems. I'm jealous.

While there were more people down there compared to the XL parade, I still think the parade for XL was better and for me, the Super Bowl itself was better during XL....not the actual game, but the fact that it was our first since 79', Cowher's first, Ward's first, JB's first and Townsend's first.

From what I have heard there were security issues that necessitated a few changes to this parade from the one nearly three years ago. I sort of understand what you're saying there. Please be sure to vote in our unofficial poll about which recent Super Bowl meant more.

I loved that all those guys got rings. Dude we had Hines weeping in front of cameras and mics, national and local, the winter before that he was upset and felt unfulfilled that he couldn't win one with/for Jerome. Plenty of people mocked. Lots of people hated. Some even tossed the thought away as some self-serving ploy since he knew Bussy was quitting.

The rest is history. Bettis returns for one last shot in his hometown. Ben, then just a mere budding outright living legend QB, promises Jerome he'd get him back there. Does so. Ward's the MVP and exclaims that not only is he going to Disneyland but "Im takin the Bus with me" or something. Many many less haters. The Cowhers do some lameass high five that you know Bill had scripted long ago. Few more haters back. And that freakin parade....

Insanity. I wasn't even there but when Bettis got up there with that shiny, heavy trophy and all you crazy mofos started chanting "Thank You, Bus" so loud that it was perfectly clear on the TV I was done. Choked up and wondering how he had the werewithall to stay composed and thank you guys back. Greatness.

And this time we had William Gay's Lil Jon imitation and DeJuan Blair. I'll take it, nonetheless.

SUPER BOWL CHAMPSSSSSSSSSS, BISH!

I think that black-n-white bartender guy, near the end...just before the freak with the top hat the wine glass and the nostrils, from the Cheers opening said it best when his newspaper simply said WE WIN.

Sometimes you wanna goooo....

You guys are the best. You're all world champs in my book. AGAIN.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2009 at 23:05 »

When I got home and watched it on the news later on today it sounded really quiet on TV.  It kind of took away from the true atmosphere down there.

I wondered what it was like live.  didnt sound very good on TV at all.  Farrior was awesome even though Pomps looked a little upset that he was demoted to a mere spectator.

It seemed as if a few of the Steelers were a tad drunk as well... clap headbang

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #6 on: Feb 04, 2009 at 19:31 »

I got some way cool pics from a friend in the Burgh who was there, I'll try to get them posted ASAP. There's a couple great ones of Pu right before he crowd surfs!

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: