Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 20, 2014 at 21:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are the Chefs really this stupid? We better hope so!  (Read 3127 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #20 on: Feb 04, 2009 at 14:34 »

When I saw the subject of this topic, if it was one of those teasers where it wasn't what I thought it was, I was ready to spend several years tracking down the O.P.

Fortunately I don't have to spend my next several years checking the rear view for an insane cyclist!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Feb 04, 2009 at 15:01 »

Mike Cox? 

Too easy.

I'm having flashbacks of Bart and Lisa calling Moe's Tavern.

"Has anybody seen Mike Rotch?"

"Why can't I find Amanda Hugankiss?"

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #22 on: Feb 04, 2009 at 15:19 »

Mike Hunt.

I.P. Freeley.

Seymore Butts.

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Feb 04, 2009 at 16:35 »

Not to be a buzzkill, but the steelers traditionally hire from within when it comes to their OC.  The only logical guy to fill the "big" shoes of Bruce Arians currently in the steelers org. is Ken Anderson.

there are quite a few of us that believe that anyone other than Bruce would be a step up.  But would Anderson be any better?

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Feb 04, 2009 at 17:30 »

Not to be a buzzkill, but the steelers traditionally hire from within when it comes to their OC.  The only logical guy to fill the "big" shoes of Bruce Arians currently in the steelers org. is Ken Anderson.

there are quite a few of us that believe that anyone other than Bruce would be a step up.  But would Anderson be any better?

Good question. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Feb 04, 2009 at 19:51 »

Don't rain on this potential parade with logic!!

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
dare2beme

« Reply #26 on: Feb 04, 2009 at 21:49 »

Don't rain on this potential parade with logic!!

Try this logic on for size..."hiring from within" would also include former Steelers coaches as well...add Gailey, Gilbride, and Mularkey to the list.  Not commenting on the likelihood of getting any of those, but still.  Grin

Hell, maybe even Ron Erhardt would come out of retirement.  The parade must go on!

If you ain't a Steeler fan, you're just a Jag-off...especially here in Jacksonburgh, FL!
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Feb 05, 2009 at 07:17 »

Try this logic on for size..."hiring from within" would also include former Steelers coaches as well...add Gailey, Gilbride, and Mularkey to the list.  Not commenting on the likelihood of getting any of those, but still. 

Hell, maybe even Ron Erhardt would come out of retirement.  The parade must go on!

You can scratch the name in sentence 1, entry 2.  There is no way I'd want Gilbride back

Gailey?  Would be willing to try that.  Mularkey?  No question.  As critical as I'm sure we were, the guy is a pretty darn good coach.  Let's just say that I'll take any former coach who was able to win with Kordell Stewart and/or Tommy Maddox.

Let me throw another one out there:  Dan Reeves.  Then we could set the record for oldest assistant coaches in NFL history.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Feb 05, 2009 at 08:04 »

Dan Reeves is Cowher, ultra conservative, and Arians calls WTF kind of plays, rolled into one.

Mularkey would be a ginormous upgrade.  I see a little Dixonshizizzle with Mularkey.  Having just won the SB and having Ben and supporting cast, including the best D inthe land, surely the o coordiator would draw some big names the Steelers would entertain.

How bout Grimm?  Dooooooo

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Feb 05, 2009 at 08:12 »

Dont forget that, if Arians were to leave (a big if, IMO), Tomlin isn't Cowher.  True, he did retain most of the coaches who didn't go to Zona, but he's had contact in Minnesota and Tampa Bay, as well as in the NCAA ranks.  I don't necessarily buy into the notion that he'll be as steadfast in promoting from within.

I fucking hate Kevin Gilbride, just for the record.  I wish Buddy Ryan would punch him again.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: