Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 02, 2014 at 01:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sucks not to live in Pittsburgh right now...  (Read 1637 times)
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Feb 04, 2009 at 19:24 »

For you transplants, you know what I mean. For MSGs that never lived there, you know too. But it's still kind of cool to be 400+ miles away and when you see a total stranger in a Steelers shirt, hat, or flag on a car, you just look at each other and KNOW, you know that no other team has done what the Steelers did this past Sunday and you're a part of it.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2009 at 07:12 »

Yeah, I understand what you are saying.  I was actually thinking of heading to da 'Burgh this weekend but we have the Baby Shower for little Benjamin Bradshaw so I will be entertaining those who cannot attend.  Really just an excuse to drink but still, would love to be there.

I have just loved wearing every Steelers article and then nothing can say anything without sounding stupid.  Take that Baltimore!

PUMA
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2009 at 08:21 »

Hell, even here in Harrisburg there's a huge buzz.  People at work are all smiles over this, forwarding all these emails of parade pics and such.  Neighbors are still excited about the game as we take out the trash.  You see a stranger at the store in gear and flash 'em the six, and it's an instant brotherhood.  It was like that for the past two weeks leading up to the game, too.

It's nowhere near the mania in the Burgh, but people are basking in it.

Just a shame some real Steelers fans missed the win.  My BiL's father was originally from the Burgh, and of course was a fan through and through; died in October from pancreatic cancer.  My uncle lived for a while in Tampa, but was also a huge Steelers fan; died in February of cancer also.  And too bad Myron didn't get to see this one...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2009 at 08:25 »

And too bad Myron didn't get to see this one...

I'm pretty sure he saw it.

I had to break out "The Terrible Towel is Poised to Strike!" in the 4th quarter.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2009 at 09:43 »

It's pretty weird being in South Carolina.  Most of the people here act like the SB didn't even happen.  But I have found a small band of Steelers to share the glory, not to mention the BIL. 

I was pretty annoyed during the game because people from church (particularly the teenagers) kept texting and talking crap.  I know they were just trying to joke around, but it got annoying.  I also discovered they were doing it to my son, who basically replied to all of them to "F--- off!"  Nice...if I'm unemployed soon, you'll know why.  Gotta teach the kid to control his temper a little better than that.

The one thing I have enjoyed is seeing Steeler fans around town, giving the "six" sign and talking about the game.  It's true, StillerNation really is everywhere.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2009 at 09:45 »

DC Area is Pittsburgh east.  They stock a lot of Steelers merchandise in the stores here, and everywhere you go you see many people in Steelers garb or with flags/stickers on the car.  It's a great site....Redskins who?
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Feb 05, 2009 at 11:47 »

You see a stranger at the store in gear and flash 'em the six, and it's an instant brotherhood.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #7 on: Feb 06, 2009 at 12:45 »

You see a stranger at the store in gear and flash 'em the six, and it's an instant brotherhood.

Classic...

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Feb 06, 2009 at 12:47 »

AJ "Double-Shocker" Law
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Feb 06, 2009 at 20:30 »

I've been in Disney all week & Steeler fans are decked out everywhere. We walk past each other & say "Go Steelers!" or Sixburgh. It's been awesome.
I'll point out someone wearing Steeler stuff to the 2 year old nephew when we're standingin line for a ride & he'll even hit 'em with a "Go Steelers!"
It's awesome.
Next up: shopping for all my new Steelers gear, cause I'm gonna be showing it off for a while!

Oh yeah-ran into a guy tonite with a big Steelers jacket & hat. We started talking &he shows me a pic on his phone of hands wearing the 6 rings, with the 6th on an extended middle finger.
Which is exactly what I feel like showing to those people wearing their Patsies gear around.
;-)

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: