Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 24, 2014 at 12:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jarbust analysis  (Read 369 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Yesterday at 10:22 »

Excellent analysis of Jarbust's technique at the Depot.

I guess I was primarily fixated on his speed (lack thereof), but he needs to clean a few things up.  Hopefully Peazy is astute enough to tease this out of JJ's film.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 15:45 »

Seems like that's something his position coach should have pointed out on day 1 last year.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 19:46 »

Harrison getting held in every single still frame. Memories.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:54 »

From the comments:

I hesitate to say this. But if I'm giving my honest opinion here (which is what discussion boards should be about)...

I think the problems Jarvis demonstrates will be VERY difficult to fix.

If you have a raw fast strong athlete it might be reasonable to expect to teach him technique and groom a star. But I don't see that in Jarvis. He doesn't have power. He doesn't have flexibility. He doesn't have speed.

And to think he's going to develop the amount of technique necessary to overcome all three of those weaknesses against NFL caliber LT's (who also have excellent counter-technique) I think is highly unlikely.

My hope is that Jarvis can become a good solid average to above average NFL linebacker. Like a Ziggy Hood caliber player. And that his instincts (his best trait) will allow him to make enough plays to help us win until we can develop another true stud OLB.

Sorry if I sound pessimistic but I think Colbert and Company whiffed on this one. Jarvis has got a LONG way to go to become an elite OLB.

+1

Obviously hope he proves us naysayers wrong, but I just don't see the potential.  Even when a guy like Worilds or even Timmons were considered "green," they showed something early on. 

IMO, Jones is no playmaker and is easily neutralized.  Fix his technique and maybe he becomes a serviceable player, but he'll never be a force that defenses have to gameplan around.

God, I'd love it if I have to eat crow on this one.  That means that the LB corp turns into one of the better ones in the league.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: