Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 29, 2014 at 13:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheatriots franchise Cassel  (Read 971 times)
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« on: Feb 05, 2009 at 18:07 »

Would make 14.65 mil if he signs the offer. Although he can still be traded before the season if he signs it.

He can still sign for another team, if that team gives 2 1st round picks. The Patsies also can match any offer made to Cassel.

The 14.65 mil would be more than Golden Boy is scheduled to make in '09.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3887262
dare2beme

« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2009 at 18:47 »

Wouldn't it just be great if Cassel turned out to be another Derek "Flash in the Panderson"?  Not much chance of that but one can still dream. sleepy2

If you ain't a Steeler fan, you're just a Jag-off...especially here in Jacksonburgh, FL!
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2009 at 19:22 »

I will shit a huge turd the size of texas if someone gives up 2 first rounders for this guy.  Hopefully puppyboy becomes their equivalent to max starks.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2009 at 07:10 »

I hope not. That means he would eventually contribute. I'd prefer Cassel becomes their version of melanoma.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2009 at 07:30 »

Wouldn't it just be great if Cassel turned out to be another Derek "Flash in the Panderson"?  Not much chance of that but one can still dream.

I'm thinking more Scott Mitchell.

Actually, I think Cassell is a pretty good QB (not as great as he's made out to be, but pretty good).  What would REALLY be funny is if they trade him and find out that Brady can't play anymore.  Not funny for Beardy, but funny that the "genius" finally gets exposed as a fraud.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2009 at 11:09 »

Actually, I think Cassell is a pretty good QB (not as great as he's made out to be, but pretty good).  What would REALLY be funny is if they trade him and find out that Brady can't play anymore.  Not funny for Beardy, but funny that the "genius" finally gets exposed as a fraud.

Although it contradicts pretty much everything that's been reported in the media, supposedly Brady has had 2 or 3 significant setbacks in his rehabilitation.  One of the local sports talk clowns (Mike Francessa) has said it a couple times on the air now that he has "inside information" from people who know first hand that Brady is not where he needs to be to be ready for the '09 season.

It usually takes guys at least a full year to recover from that kind of injury when everything goes well.  When they don't...well, let's just say that it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Cassel ends up being the starter for them on opening day.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2009 at 11:19 »

Definitely don't think the Cheats are leveraging Cassell's trade-ability, and need him as insurance.  My guess is, Brady isn't 100% until... OK, let me rephrase that, since he's been 100% for some time now... I don't think he's starting again until 2010.  And then he'll be 32.  At that point, maybe they've coached up Gutierrez a la Cassel, and can have him as the fall-back option.

It's just a diggly-doggone shame that they have so much money tied up in the QB position, when they desperately need to overhaul their aging D, and could use a better running game, and...

Patriots are over.  The Cheney/Belichick era is dead; the Tomlin/Obama era is here.  Hope to hell we get our third of the decade, so we can say we did it without the motherfucking axterisk.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #7 on: Feb 06, 2009 at 11:25 »

Patriots are over.  The Cheney/Belichick era is dead; the Tomlin/Obama era is here. 

The king is dead, long live the king!  Just mentioning the Cheney/Belichick era will skyrocket the evil % of the site.

Hope to hell we get our third of the decade, so we can say we did it without the motherfucking axterisk.

That would start a great debate.  Hope they're up for the defense.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Feb 07, 2009 at 22:56 »

Reports are that Cassel has accepted the offer and will make at least 14.65 mil mext year. Cha-ching baby!! He will not be a free agent, although the Pattiecakes can still trade him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3891669
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Feb 09, 2009 at 10:41 »

As a Pastie-hater, I'm hoping this works out well in NE.

It would be great if the NE front office can't negotiate a longer term deal with Cassel, and he eats away at the NE cap money for this season.  Then, the aging NE defense continues to underperform.

What would be even better is if Brady comes back and performs poorly and gets benched (unlikely, but I can hope). Then, maybe we get a legitimate QB controversy. Nothing like that to put the pressure on the team.

God, that would be great. I can see it now, Brady is playing poorly against someone, maybe Miami? Porter forcing some fumbles, or applying pressure and Brady throws some INT's. Brady has a meltdown when Belismack puts Cassel in? And Cassel comes from behind to win?

I know, I know. This is terribly unlikely to happen. But a guy can dream, can't he?

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: