Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 23, 2014 at 15:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheatriots franchise Cassel  (Read 1120 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #10 on: Feb 09, 2009 at 11:37 »

God, that would be great. I can see it now, Brady is playing poorly against someone, maybe Miami? Porter forcing some fumbles, or applying pressure and Brady throws some INT's. Brady has a meltdown when Belismack puts Cassel in? And Cassel comes from behind to win?

I know, I know. This is terribly unlikely to happen. But a guy can dream, can't he?

That's a worthy dream.  And you know, might not be that unlikely.  Beardy is supposedly behind in his recovery - practice time could be limited.  It could reasonably be over 1.5 yrs between games with meaningful playing time.

t'would be a shame.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Feb 09, 2009 at 12:07 »

I think everyone (media) assumes they'll trade Matty, but if the Golden Girl is that far behind, I think this is in some ways analagous to the Starks issue: paying a lot of money for a decent backup who sees substantial playing time.  So Cassel starts the season, then who knows when Brady comes back.  I would not be surprised if he's out until 2010, unless Cassel pulls a Derek Anderson and sucks right out of the gate.

Brady will be old, Cassel will be exposed, the Patriots will be wondering what the fuck happened to their beloved dynasty.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: