Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 24, 2014 at 16:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You asked for a better KR....  (Read 1650 times)
CrPederson
N00b

« on: Feb 06, 2009 at 17:36 »

He's a bit like Mewelde Moore but faster

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Lions+Steelers+steal+running+back+Stefan+Logan/1257767/story.html

And when he was coming out of college

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=67472&draftyear=2007&genpos=RB

sub 4.5  speed and good hands.

Craig
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2009 at 17:42 »

Thanks for the linkage.  He was mentioned in a different thread, but unless you've religiously read all the threads you'd have missed it.  I suppose this news is worthy of a new thread.

Welcome aboard, BTW!

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2009 at 17:49 »

So he was told he'd have a chance to compete for KR/PR duties... I can buy that.  Third down back?  Behind FWP, Mendenhall (presumably), Moore, and Russell?  Uh, doubtful.  That speed is nice and all, but the dude is rather slight: 5'6 1/2", 177#... who was that tiny KR guy out of Notre Dame we had in camp a few years ago?

Anyhoo, Logan was in the Giants camp in '07, cut, signed and cut from the Fins practice squad as well in '07. 

Speed is nice, but his size is an issue, frankly.  Doubt he's signed with much/any guaranteed, and has to be a long shot to make the cut, but at least we're lookin'.

Still say the way to go is a late round depth WR who has KR/PR experience, as we need both.  RB depth, maybe not so much.

Still 'n' all, the black and gold has been home to more than a few UDFA success stories.

CrPederson
N00b

« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2009 at 17:52 »

Thanks for the linkage.  He was mentioned in a different thread, but unless you've religiously read all the threads you'd have missed it.  I suppose this news is worthy of a new thread.

Welcome aboard, BTW!

Thanks and yep I missed the other thread mentioned. Now you know why I lurked for over 6years
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2009 at 18:01 »

Good Lord, time to jump in the pool, son...

LOL...    headbang

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2009 at 18:04 »

This guy had 6 years to kill and Brinker was down to 6 days.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2009 at 22:52 »

Welcome aboard, BTW!

Thanks and yep I missed the other thread mentioned. Now you know why I lurked for over 6years

That's some serious lurking.  Like finny said, welcome aboard and don't be a stranger.  Post away!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Feb 06, 2009 at 23:36 »

Meh...its nice they are thinking about upgrading the worst pair of KO returners in Davis and Russell, but I doubt "Joystick" will make the team. What RB is he going to beat out? FWP, MM, GR, and RM seem pretty entrenched. Throw in Davis and thats 5 roster spots right there. They had Bloom in camp last year, and he is a similiar player, except he tried to make the team as a WR. They didn't give Bloom a roster spot last year to only be a KR, and I don't see it happening this year. He didn't get a signing bonus, so that ought to tell you something about his chances.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Feb 07, 2009 at 08:02 »

I don't know the answer as far as roster moves, but Russell returning kicks is an absolute joke.  The mentality tells me they really aren't even trying to score, or advance the ball to decent field position.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Feb 07, 2009 at 08:03 »

Welcome aboard, BTW!

I think when you lurk for 6 years you could be considered a peeping tom or a stalker.

Glad you posted.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: