Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 27, 2014 at 19:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ben played SB with 2 fractured ribs  (Read 1497 times)
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« on: Feb 09, 2009 at 09:37 »

SI, via Douchebag King, is reporting that Ben had at least 2 ribs with small fractures prior to playing in the Super Bowl. X-rays before the game didn't find anything, but a MRI back in Pittsburgh following the big game revealed the fractures.

Not a bad performance with cracked ribs.

Its a decent review of the last drive too. King actually gives props to Ben.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/02/08/steelers/index.html?eref=T1

« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2009 at 09:45 by steelerfaninCO » Logged
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2009 at 10:41 »

yea it's nice that he's up ben's ass now, everyone likes a winner but i still can't take the guy seriously, especially with intelligent gems like this:

"Whoa, Coldplay. Heck of a performance at the Grammys last night. Tremendous. That's a band I need to see."

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2009 at 11:17 »

The fact that Roethlisberger was able to keep a lid on it impresses me much more than any on-field performance. Admittedly, I wasn't pleased with his play for the first two thirds or so of the season. However, the smart way he played down the stretch plus his ability to learn lessons (albeit, slowly) about telling media about injuries has made me much more of a believer in his mental capacity.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2009 at 12:16 »

yea it's nice that he's up ben's ass now, everyone likes a winner but i still can't take the guy seriously, especially with intelligent gems like this:

"Whoa, Coldplay. Heck of a performance at the Grammys last night. Tremendous. That's a band I need to see."

Aren't they the band that sings that song? You know, it goes like duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2009 at 15:43 »

No surprise here.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3894263

The broken shoulder and missing toe were probably bothering him too.  Grin
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2009 at 15:50 »

I was just reading that article. I wonder what the real deal is. Why would Ben say what he did, and then the team say they have no knowledge of it? Kinda weird, even for the drama king. He was obviously hurting from that spear in the back during the AFCC. I guess we won't know for sure.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2009 at 15:56 »

Holmes played the entire game with the munchies, but you don't hear him whining.

And what about that nagging STD that Warner was battling all season?

vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2009 at 17:42 »

Aren't they the band that sings that song? You know, it goes like duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh.

They are the one's who covered the Joe Satriani song.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Feb 09, 2009 at 19:52 »

Maybe he had 'em, maybe not.  Much as I love the man as our QB, he's crying wolf about his injuries a little too often for me.

Dude, you had one of the best SB finishes of all time.  Why try to embellish it?  Go heal up, enjoy the moment.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Feb 10, 2009 at 07:22 »

Holmes played the entire game with the munchies, but you don't hear him whining.

He was gonna, but he forgot what he was gonna do and just stared at the microphone...

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: