Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 22, 2014 at 11:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Butler staying, Mundy & Lewis sticking  (Read 624 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Feb 10, 2009 at 11:01 »

Cardinals | Butler staying in Pittsburgh?
Tue, 10 Feb 2009 07:51:32 -0800

Kent Somers, of The Arizona Republic, reports Pittsburgh Steelers linebackers coach Keith Butler, considered to be a candidate for the Arizona Cardinals vacant defensive coordinator position, has told people in the Steelers organization that he's staying, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Butler is under contract with the Steelers, who would have to grant permission for him to be interviewed by another team.

NFLDS reports that in addition to Legursky getting signed, S Ryan Mundy and CB Roy Lewis also signed new deals (no details).  Mundy was on the practce squad, and Lewis was cut in November to make room for somebody, forget who.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2009 at 11:09 »

Maybe Butler knows something we don't, for instance, how many more seasons LeBeau plans to continue and who Tomlin may choose as the successor.

Hmmmm.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2009 at 11:10 »

I guess there's the young 3rd string backups in each of those positions (unless it's a one year for a quarter just to give these guys a look in camp).  Obviously the staff saw something they like in these players.  If they're acquiring depth at these positions, leads me to belive it will be a heave DL/OL draft.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2009 at 11:16 »

They liked Lewis enough to have him make the 53-man cut.  And of course they drafted Mundy as a developmental guy.

Wonder what they'll do with Humpal?

Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2009 at 11:22 »

I can't remember where, but I seem to recall hearing in Aug. that Mundy had a lot of potential and the team really liked where he could go.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2009 at 11:38 »

I can't remember where, but I seem to recall hearing in Aug. that Mundy had a lot of potential and the team really liked where he could go.

I remember that.  I can see him overtaking Carter at SS and getting some playing time, but I don't know if he's the FS of the future.  Although he could make cutting Anthony Smith painless, too. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: