Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 22, 2014 at 08:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For those with kiddies and/or animals...  (Read 4388 times)
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #40 on: Feb 19, 2009 at 09:05 »

Dogs are supposed to live outside?

Yes. But they are prepared inside. This according to a number of Penso's past girlfriends.

:wokyourdog:
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #41 on: Feb 19, 2009 at 09:22 »

Dogs are supposed to live outside?

Yes. But they are prepared inside. This according to a number of Penso's past girlfriends.

:wokyourdog:

She always wants to do it kung pao, but, as you all know, I'm a big fan of the General Tso.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #42 on: Feb 19, 2009 at 10:40 »

Point being, dogs have come a long way and like it or not are partly "our children," i.e., more domestic than wild. 

Yup, for all intents & purposes, my dogs are the only kids I'll ever have.  They like being outside sometimes, but when the icestorms, snowstorms, rain & windstorms come, they're not all that keen on it.  Not to mention very hot weather.
See, dogs don't sweat, so it's sometimes hard for them to cool off when it's really hot.
Back when dogs roamed free, you wouldn't see a Husky in Miami.  Now you can get whatever you want.

Look, if you don't want a dog, don't have one.  But don't tell those of us that do that we're doing it wrong.
Unless one of us is Michael Vick.
Or Penso's girlfriend...

Wink

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #43 on: Feb 19, 2009 at 11:04 »

Ummm, how about because that's where dogs are supposed to live?

Ok now you just sound ignorant.  I am talking about the people who do not provide the necessary facilities for their outside dog, for those who cannot see that sometimes a dog needs shelter. 

Dont' let yourself be defined as the Michael Vick of the MGS family

Brinker

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #44 on: Feb 19, 2009 at 12:30 »

Most dogs I know like cheese and peanut butter.  

Why in the world would you give a dog cheese or peanut butter?  Why not give them decent dog food, which has the types of nutrients they need and add some vegetables and lean meat as a treat.  You know, something kind of healthy.

I definitely think dogs shouldn't be eating people food, unless it is healthy.  In addition, every Vet we have ever had has advised not to give them people/table food.  We can eat on the couch, or where ever, and the dog doesn't even know to "beg" for food.  I know people think it's cute for them to beg, but that is to satisfy their own feelings, and not those of the dog.  Their teeth and everything else require less maintenance, which usually gets ignored, when they don't eat sugar and other plaque building foods.

Anty one watch the Dog Whisperer?  That guy is the dog lover of dog lovers, and he preaches about letting a dog act like a dog and not to humanize them, mainly becasue they are animals with animal instincts and are not humans.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #45 on: Feb 19, 2009 at 12:39 »

Ummm, how about because that's where dogs are supposed to live?

Ok now you just sound ignorant.  I am talking about the people who do not provide the necessary facilities for their outside dog, for those who cannot see that sometimes a dog needs shelter. 

Dont' let yourself be defined as the Michael Vick of the MGS family

Brinker

I didn't say I was a doggie torturer, as far as living conditions any way.  Any dog, of any type, can live outside, in the summer, if they have water and shade.  LC mentioned dogs not sweating, that is becasue they pant to expell body heat.  An Alabama summer isn't ideal for a Huskie, but they are fine with plenty of shade and water.

Our Rover has shade from the house, shade from a kiddie play set, and a covered patio.  He has a Livestock water bowl that holds approx 3 gallons of water and a staff of 3 people that tend to his needs.  He is far from neglected and is not being tortured by being outside.  Even in summer, he is more comfortable outside in the shade than inside.

If he fals asleep inside, when Mrs BV works from home, he is fine inside, as soon as he wakes up he is ready to be outside.

He is more of a cold weather dog, so it isn't like it is a lab spending the day outside when it is 25 degrees.

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #46 on: Feb 19, 2009 at 12:43 »

BV,

When you squeeze him into the tiny shorts and tie him to the tandem bike, that's abuse in anyone's eyes.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #47 on: Feb 19, 2009 at 12:51 »

You're right BV, dogs do pant to cool off, but it's vastly inefficient for a big hairy dog in a hot climate.  Heck, if it's a really active dog that's playing outside in the heat they do stand a risk for heat stroke, even if they are short haired.  Have had it almost happen to a couple of Jack Russells.

BV,

When you squeeze him into the tiny shorts and tie him to the tandem bike, that's abuse in anyone's eyes.

Not to mention that it's been said you hump him in public....

coolsmiley

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #48 on: Feb 19, 2009 at 13:45 »

BV,

That's called taking care of and exercising your canine friend.

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #49 on: Feb 19, 2009 at 13:47 »

You're right BV, dogs do pant to cool off, but it's vastly inefficient for a big hairy dog in a hot climate.  Heck, if it's a really active dog that's playing outside in the heat they do stand a risk for heat stroke, even if they are short haired.  Have had it almost happen to a couple of Jack Russells.

BV,

Not to mention that it's been said you hump him in public....

coolsmiley

That is a blatant lie - I have never done that in public. insane
« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2009 at 15:15 by Big Virgil » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: