Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 21:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cards fans showing some ignorance  (Read 298 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Feb 26, 2009 at 07:33 »

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nfl&id=ari&tid=4320831&lid=42

Just reading through these posts about Kurt Warner RESINGING with the Cards.  This tells me a couple of things.

First, it makes me even more amazed and appreciative of this board.  Even when we disagree we don't sink to the depths of stupidity; and it's further proof that we have a pretty intelligent group here.

Second, it tells me that these are the most generous people in the world.  If THEY were Kurt, negotiating with a team that has 45 million in cap space, they'd take a lowball offer.  They'd get as little as they could in the last two years of their career.  It wouldn't be about the money for them.

How naive can you be?  Do these guys REALLY believe players who say it's not about the money?  It may not be just about the money, but it's certainly a factor.

The older I get, the less judgmental I am about these guys trying to get paid.  I get annoyed with guys who overestimate their value, but in this league you have to recognize that your time is limited.  Warner has maybe two more years, and I don't blame him a bit for trying to get as much as he can while he can.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
dare2beme

« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2009 at 07:51 »

First, it makes me even more amazed and appreciative of this board.  Even when we disagree we don't sink to the depths of stupidity; and it's further proof that we have a pretty intelligent group here.

You know the stupidity level has sunk when people start quoting Forrest Gump. Smiley

If you ain't a Steeler fan, you're just a Jag-off...especially here in Jacksonburgh, FL!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: