Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 21, 2014 at 01:01 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Raiders are FINALLY getting it together  (Read 833 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Feb 12, 2009 at 07:22 »

No doubt Gradkowski will take them to...um...new "levels" of achievment.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2009 at 10:07 »

More on the Raiders front....

The Oakland Raiders reached agreement with cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha on a $45.3 million, three-year contract that makes him the highest-paid defensive back in NFL history.

Sources said Asomugha is guaranteed $28.5 million in a complicated deal that features a provision in which the entire contract can be guaranteed if the Raiders decide to keep the 27-year-old for the third season.

THAT IS INSANITY! 3 years/$45 million. Lunacy I tell ya!

Also, how is it complicated? If he plays all three years he is guaranteed the whole contract....Well DUH!

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2009 at 11:53 »

The Oakland Raiders reached agreement with cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha on a $45.3 million, three-year contract that makes him the highest-paid defensive back in NFL history.

Sources said Asomugha is guaranteed $28.5 million in a complicated deal that features a provision in which the entire contract can be guaranteed if the Raiders decide to keep the 27-year-old for the third season.

Also, how is it complicated? If he plays all three years he is guaranteed the whole contract....Well DUH!

Maybe is means all LTBE and TBE bonuses are payable regardless of if he earned them or not?

In any case, it's good to see the Raiders front office has finally turned the corner and returned to sensibility...

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2009 at 14:33 »

Al Davis really has gone senile. He's confused the term cornerback with quarterback.

3 years 45 mil for a corner is freaking insane.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2009 at 05:56 »

Maybe is means all LTBE and TBE bonuses are payable regardless of if he earned them or not?

In any case, it's good to see the Raiders front office has finally turned the corner and returned to sensibility...

I wonder what this will do to the market for FA corners this year. Might make singing McFadden a bit more difficult/expensive.

The FO might have to have that Gay guy slip into his opening....

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2009 at 09:40 »

Shocked

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2009 at 23:12 »

Andrew Walter and Marques Tuiasosopo were the Raiders' backups for former No. 1 draft pick JaMarcus Russell last season.

so with the addition of Gradkowski, they are going with 4 backup QBs next year? or do one of those awesome trio of crap they had last year gonna get the boot?

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Feb 26, 2009 at 20:21 »

Andrew Walter and Marques Tuiasosopo were the Raiders' backups for former No. 1 draft pick JaMarcus Russell last season.

so with the addition of Gradkowski, they are going with 4 backup QBs next year? or do one of those awesome trio of crap they had last year gonna get the boot?

Man, I remember when I thought Andrew Walter was going to be an OK starting QB for them.

Nice call there, mate.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: