Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 25, 2014 at 23:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We don't need no stinkin' evidence  (Read 5378 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Feb 12, 2009 at 08:31 »

63% of Americans reject Darwin's theory of evolution.

I knew we had become (or maybe always have been) an undereducated and superstitious country, but this!? 

Alright, I admit to not knowing the inner workings of the theory of evolution - my highest level biology class was 101 as a freshman.  But give me a break here.  Just b/c the word "theory" is used doesn't mean it's no less "scientific."  After all, it's not Darwin's "wild ass guess about" evolution.  We're not talking about Darwin's "wouldn't-it-be-cool-if suppositions of" evolution.  Darwin arrived at his theory after years of research and observation.  He followed the scientific method.  His work is not a "best guess." 

These creationist and "intelligent design" wack jobs drive me crazy.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
dare2beme

« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2009 at 08:49 »

I LIV IN AMERIKA LAND OF THE BRAVO AND HOMME OF THE FLEE...I WILL CLUCH MI BIBEL AND IT TEELS ME EXACLEE WUT TO THINNK AN WAT NOT 2 THINNK.  MOSTLEE NOT 2 THINNK.

AY-MEN!!!!!

If you ain't a Steeler fan, you're just a Jag-off...especially here in Jacksonburgh, FL!
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2009 at 09:09 »

That Freedom From Religion group just put up a happy birthday, Darwin billboard down in Dover, PA, where they had the big Federal evolution case a couple years back?

Any more, when I read message boards on local and national newspapers, it just scares the crap out of me, what we as a nation are becoming.  Not just on evolution, but a whole range of issues.  Paranoid fucking freaks, hateful, jingoistic... Bush Nation.  The overall level of ignorance is simply stunning.

No wonder the rest of the world thinks we're a bunch of fucking hillbillies. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2009 at 09:33 »

I knew we had become (or maybe always have been) an undereducated and superstitious country, but this!? 

Alright, I admit to not knowing the inner workings of the theory of evolution - my highest level biology class was 101 as a freshman.  But give me a break here.  Just b/c the word "theory" is used doesn't mean it's no less "scientific."  After all, it's not Darwin's "wild ass guess about" evolution.  We're not talking about Darwin's "wouldn't-it-be-cool-if suppositions of" evolution.  Darwin arrived at his theory after years of research and observation.  He followed the scientific method.  His work is not a "best guess." 

um cough cough - Preach: EAR MUFFS   cough cough.

I stopeed in for a quick check, and haven't had time to read the board this week, or next week for that matter, and I unfortunately don't have time to post my thoughts on this.

When/if I do post on this, please make it so Preach can't see it.  It wouldn't really be that bad, but, you know what I mean. 

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2009 at 09:40 »

Why isn't it possible that God started the ball rolling AND from there things evolved?

Or maybe God got things rolling, AND evolution occurred, AND He created man in his image?

Why does it have to be one or the other?

Just sayin'.

Edit - Nevermind. After actually reading the article...Guess I am one of the 63%.
« Last Edit: Feb 12, 2009 at 09:41 by vinman3 » Logged

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2009 at 10:04 »

That Freedom From Religion group just put up a happy birthday, Darwin billboard down in Dover, PA, where they had the big Federal evolution case a couple years back?

Any more, when I read message boards on local and national newspapers, it just scares the crap out of me, what we as a nation are becoming.  Not just on evolution, but a whole range of issues.  Paranoid fucking freaks, hateful, jingoistic... Bush Nation.  The overall level of ignorance is simply stunning.

No wonder the rest of the world thinks we're a bunch of fucking hillbillies. 

The Dover, PA case - the judge ruled against teaching ID there if I recall.  That's still up in the air here in TX.  Matter of fact, the State Board of Education has a sizable right-wing faction that's been rejecting text books that don't project the "correct values" and such.  Damn scary.  Well, they're trying to force schools to teach ID as a viable option.

These are the people who invent terms like "Islamo-fascist" while somehow oblivious to the fact that they're nothing more than the other side of the same coin.

cussing

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2009 at 10:06 »

I may be one of the 63%, but the theory of evolution should absolutely be taught in schools...It is science after all.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2009 at 10:07 »

um cough cough - Preach: EAR MUFFS   cough cough.

I stopeed in for a quick check, and haven't had time to read the board this week, or next week for that matter, and I unfortunately don't have time to post my thoughts on this.

When/if I do post on this, please make it so Preach can't see it.  It wouldn't really be that bad, but, you know what I mean. 

Preacherman is a big boy.  You know, I'm sure there are things we don't agree on but at the end of the day I figure we both know that we can agree to disagree.  

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2009 at 10:10 »

I may be one of the 63%, but the theory of evolution should absolutely be taught in schools...It is science after all.

Exactly, teach science in schools and doctrine in churches.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Feb 12, 2009 at 10:29 »

I believe everything in the bible.

And you should too, you evil fucking shellfish eaters!
Pages: [1] 2 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: