Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 01, 2014 at 03:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Asterisk for the Steelers SB wins?  (Read 1353 times)
leighclay
Old School Member

« on: Feb 13, 2009 at 12:32 »

So says this guy...http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9217162/Do-juiced-up-Steelers-teams-deserve-asterisks?&MSNHPHMA

I was having a good day, and now I'm all pissed off.
 cussing

I'm still the one with the boobs.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2009 at 12:40 »

30K+ votes and 60% voting no *

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2009 at 12:43 »

He's right...there is no way that any other team would be doing steroids to improve their perfomance at that point in time.  The Steelers were definitely the only team to use them....  Cough, Raiders, cough...  What a joke...

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2009 at 12:52 »

soapbox These media types on their high horse freaking piss me off. Who gives a crap if people did steroids before there was testing? Football, baseball, who friggin' cares. I am sick of the BS and the holier than thou attitude the media *cough* ESPN *cough* types have about this issue. Should they have done it? No. Were there penalties in place for doing them at the time (NFL 70's, MLB 90's)? No. Get over yourself.  </soapbox>

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2009 at 12:56 »

So says this guy...http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9217162/Do-juiced-up-Steelers-teams-deserve-asterisks?&MSNHPHMA

I was having a good day, and now I'm all pissed off.
 cussing

Guy's a tool.  He looks like he's all wiped out from sucking the pustulated penises of every Bowery bum and all-day drunk down at the local bar.  

Quite the bit of revisionist history, to suggest that the Steelers were the only team using the juice.  Ever hear of the Raiders, you whiny cunt?  The Cowboys?  In fact, I bet every team back then had its share of guys doing this.  Because, first of all, there was none of this media spotlight on juicing that we have now.  It was just accepeted, business as usual, that football players were using steroids and baseball players were eating greenies like fucking candy.  

It's only been the relatively recent focus on steroid after-effects on guys like Alzado (Raiders, Browns, Broncos), and more to the point, the hallowed baseball numbers of Aaron et al.  Football was supposed to be a tough guy's sport, and back then no one gave a shit about what tough guys did.  It wasn't seen as cheating, it was part of the territory, period.  

Today, players don't have that excuse, and just as you used to be able to hit a quarterback but now even grazing the guy after a pass is a penalty, SHIT CHANGES.

The Steelers of the 1970s were, quite simply, no dirtier than any other team at the time.  They were just better.  They were the single finest collection of football players EVER, period, end of story, and anyone who writes the vapid trash I just skimmed is just writing for the sole purpose of stirring the pot, and trying to make himself seem less than the worthless piece of shit that he so evidently is.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2009 at 12:58 »

More on ol' Lyle.

"A lot of guys on the Raiders asked me about steroids, and I'd help them get what they needed," Alzado said.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2009 at 13:09 »

I was having a great day too.  Now i just want to punch someone. 

Brinker

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2009 at 13:31 »

these articles are written by people who have too much time on their hands and have to justify a paycheck as an NFL "writer" now that the season is over and in a lull....

the thing is EVERYONE playing then was playing at the same time, on the same fields so EVERYONE was doing the same thing.  As Finny said, the Steelers were just plain better than everyone on an even playing field.  It's like when Tiger beats the shit out of everyone during the rain and 30mph winds at the British Open, everyone is playing in the same conditions and he's just better at it than they are....

so irritating...

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
OhioU_Stlrs_Fan

« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2009 at 14:06 »

Not only was it just "accepted" in the 70's IT WAS 100% LEGAL in the 70's. Not our fault that our team is smarter than others, hence why we  look at both of our hands for rings and everyone else only need 1 and some none.

Steelers > Rest of the NFL

04-kneelsucka

and to all the Steel Head haters flipoff thefinger

I Heart The Steelers.

Movie On Repeat (1) - Death Race
Movie On Repeat (2) -Max Payne None
Song On Repeat (1)- Jay Z - Brooklyn We Go Hard
Song On Repeat (2)-Here We Go, Duh its Playoff Time!
Book i cant put down -Dean Koontz - Shadowfires
OhioU_Stlrs_Fan

« Reply #9 on: Feb 13, 2009 at 14:07 »

damn i forgot one  flipoff there six middle fingers for all of our rings

I Heart The Steelers.

Movie On Repeat (1) - Death Race
Movie On Repeat (2) -Max Payne None
Song On Repeat (1)- Jay Z - Brooklyn We Go Hard
Song On Repeat (2)-Here We Go, Duh its Playoff Time!
Book i cant put down -Dean Koontz - Shadowfires
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: