Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 18:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Asterisk for the Steelers SB wins?  (Read 1322 times)
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2009 at 14:43 »

soapbox These media types on their high horse freaking piss me off. Who gives a crap if people did steroids before there was testing? Football, baseball, who friggin' cares. I am sick of the BS and the holier than thou attitude the media *cough* ESPN *cough* types have about this issue. Should they have done it? No. Were there penalties in place for doing them at the time (NFL 70's, MLB 90's)? No. Get over yourself.  </soapbox>

I feel the same way.  If nobody was testing for them at the time, and there weren't any penalties in place even if there was testing, then WTF would you have done if you caught them?  Pisses me the hell off.
No way were the Steelers the only ones in the NFL doing anything that might be wrong now.

Fox Sports.  Just like Fox News.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Feb 13, 2009 at 15:48 »

I got yer asterisk right here...

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
bamf16
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Feb 13, 2009 at 17:31 »

Calm down everyone!!!!

This is an article just like Whitlock's, written by a guy with zero credibility, zero talent, and nothing of substance on his resume that makes him more qualified or knowledgable than the guy making change at 7-11.

Get pissed when someone with some credibility writes an article like this.  Until then, I'll just do what my students do, shrug my shoulders, roll my eyes, and say "whatever."

No one wants to hear about the labor pains, they just want to see the baby.
--Lou Brock
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #13 on: Feb 13, 2009 at 18:57 »

My advice is to enjoy the Superbowl win. Watch the highlights. Over and over.

People can bring up stuff that happened in any game. Ever. You think the Giant's fans didn't enjoy their Super Bowl win because Norwood choked? 

There's only been 43 ever. And we got six. And no matter what anyone says, the better fucking team won XLIII. People who think otherwise are morons and not even worth the time.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Feb 16, 2009 at 11:10 »

This is an article just like Whitlock's, written by a guy with zero credibility, zero talent, and nothing of substance on his resume that makes him more qualified or knowledgable than the guy making change at 7-11.

I actually like a lot of Whitlock's stuff.  But his article on the SB was just a huge friggin' joke. 

All this stuff is from guys who read message boards to get an idea for a story.  "Hey, all the Seahawk fans are still talking about an asterisk for SB XL.  Hey, cravnravn says that the Steelers just did it with 'roids.  YES!  I have my article for today!"

Steroids were commonplace in the 70s, most doctors weren't even sure what the downside of them was.  Stabler talked about the "punchbowl" of little colored pills the Raiders kept in their locker room.  It was just viewed as something you do.  Nothing against the rules, minimally against the law, and no one really knew how bad it all was for you. 

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: