Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 30, 2014 at 07:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Double standard from Torre?  (Read 646 times)
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« on: Feb 13, 2009 at 20:43 »

I'm a Yankees fan, have been for nearly 30 years.  Started following them after their WS titles - don't remember those.  Yankee fandom is the only sports related thing my mom contributed to (she's a native New Yorker, lifelong fan).  But, I have to wonder about Torre's comments here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3906451

Not sure how he can say this about A-Rod:

I know it's important to him to continue to add to his numbers, because he has a chance to do a lot of special things numbers-wise, but now they're going to be tainted, because people don't forget.

Then justify this:

Despite the number of players that he managed in the Bronx who have been linked to performance-enhancing drugs such as Rodriguez, Andy Pettitte and Roger Clemens, he feels it doesn't diminish what the team accomplished, including four World Series titles.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2009 at 21:09 »

I'm a Yankees fan, have been for nearly 30 years.  Started following them after their WS titles - don't remember those.  Yankee fandom is the only sports related thing my mom contributed to (she's a native New Yorker, lifelong fan).  But, I have to wonder about Torre's comments here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3906451

Not sure how he can say this about A-Rod:

I know it's important to him to continue to add to his numbers, because he has a chance to do a lot of special things numbers-wise, but now they're going to be tainted, because people don't forget.

Then justify this:

Despite the number of players that he managed in the Bronx who have been linked to performance-enhancing drugs such as Rodriguez, Andy Pettitte and Roger Clemens, he feels it doesn't diminish what the team accomplished, including four World Series titles.

Undoubtedly it's hypocritical, msdmnr.  But then again, what out of the Bronx hasn't been in our lifetime?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: