Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 21, 2014 at 18:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Poll
Question: Breakout Year in 2009
10-25 catches, <1 TD - 2 (8.7%)
26-40 catches 2-4 TD's - 19 (82.6%)
41-60 catches 5-7 TD's - 2 (8.7%)
>60 catches >7 TD's - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Limas Sweed  (Read 1763 times)
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« on: Feb 14, 2009 at 17:56 »

I just have a feeling about this guy...I think Nate will be gone and he will be our new # 3.

Brinker

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
burghboi
N00b

« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2009 at 18:37 »

I'm looking for BB to go to Holmes/Miller much more, Ward less (wrt to age, so less pt), and with Nate going?...Sweed will get some time, it'll be up to the head on his shoulders whether he can handle it or not.  He's got the physical side of things going for him, but the mental side is non-exis
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2009 at 18:55 »

I'm looking for BB to go to Holmes/Miller much more, Ward less (wrt to age, so less pt), and with Nate going?...Sweed will get some time, it'll be up to the head on his shoulders whether he can handle it or not.  He's got the physical side of things going for him, but the mental side is non-exis

What?

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2009 at 20:20 »

He is saying that he thinks Ben is going to throw to Heat and Tone more next year, because he thinks Hines will play less downs due to his age.

Personally, I'm not sure Sweed can step up. I hope he can. But not sure he is capable of it. He had more penalties and drops than catches last year. The 3rd WR plays 70-80% of the snaps in BA's offense. Anyone really think Sweed is ready to be a de facto starter? I hope Nate resings. Let Sweed learn the ropes a little more, and frankly, even with his drops, Nate is a contributer. Definitely not ready to write him off or send him to 'Zo land, but he needs to play better. After what I have seen of Sweed, I'm a little bummed Willie Reid couldn't stick.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2009 at 20:30 »

WTF? I believe he will score exactly one touchdown.  I am totally disenfranchised by this poll.  I thought the Bush years were over.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
dare2beme

« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2009 at 22:21 »

WTF? I believe he will score exactly one touchdown.  I am totally disenfranchised by this poll.  I thought the Bush years were over.

You've been Dick Cheneyed...BTW, do you hunt?

If you ain't a Steeler fan, you're just a Jag-off...especially here in Jacksonburgh, FL!
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Feb 15, 2009 at 12:21 »

Well according to Colbert, they're going to start offering contracts to some FAs this week.  So we'll see what the plan is with Sweed.  I feel Washington's re-signing is a must at this point.  Keep grooming Limas for the next year or two until he's really needed when Hines retires.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2009 at 21:19 »

Voted 26-40 catches 2-4 TD's just to hedge a little, dont really see an over emphasis in the passing game in 09 that warrants any more than that. 

heck, Miller barely beat out those numbers last year by only 8 catches

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 2009 at 10:05 »

What?

Whatsamatta?  You don't speak Brinker~ees?

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
CrPederson
N00b

« Reply #9 on: Feb 20, 2009 at 02:21 »

The man can get past the db's just has to work on the mental aspect of the game. If Ward mentors him he will be a good #3 and become a #2. It was never aquestion in college about his hands and big play ability, just if he was mentally in the game at all times. He's blown two wide open sure td's but those db's weren't anywhere near him to make any type of play if he had caught them. I will also say this hopefully he gets together with Ben in the offseason, much like Baker did last year and both of them(Baker and Sweed) become active wideouts next season.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: