Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 28, 2014 at 13:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Washington to meet with the Jets...  (Read 1856 times)
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Feb 20, 2009 at 10:36 »

I prefer Whosyamomma.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #21 on: Feb 20, 2009 at 11:47 »

Championship!!

That is stilll hilarious

Brinker

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #22 on: Feb 20, 2009 at 12:45 »

I worked on that commercial.  it is funny...

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #23 on: Feb 20, 2009 at 13:27 »

So, how much time is spent shooting that, a 30 second spot?  Say, setting up, makeup, etc., but not editing, sound and such.  Is that a day or what?

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Feb 20, 2009 at 14:35 »

I lie the kid, would love to see him stick and compete here, and he's the best #3 we've had in some time (remember Lee Mays?). 

WILY MAYZ??  WILY MAISE?Huh??><>< SECKCUSE ME FINNERINS WACK?Huh???///  A MISSER ANTAWN RADIAL ELLEY RIGG A BELLE OR FORTEE?Huh???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111HELLLO!!!!!!11MEEBEE IF U WEAR A FAN BEEFOUR TWENNY THOUSAN ATEY~~~UD REKINIZE DA NAMEE!!!!!!!!1111

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Feb 20, 2009 at 14:51 »

Nate #2 on that list?  Ahead of more worthy players like Housh, Henderson or even Bryant (to name a few)?

LSHTPICOMN!!!

I'm sorry. 

Suspect hands; makes the miracle grab, while dropping countless easy ones; despite his speed, has a hard time getting open unless it's a "juke and go" where the defender stumbles or makes a bad read; if there's a defender anywhere in his vicinity, he isn't making the catch; hardly ever fights for the ball and comes down with it.

He's an OK #3 option, but nothing more.  Teams looking to sign him to be a major contributor will be very disappointed.

Henderson is basically a beefier version of Washington.  Also has inconsistent hands, but at least he does a better job of attacking passes.  Washington let's too many get to his body and I think that's why he has a lot of drops.  Henderson, OTOH, uses his hands more/better while trying to make the catch.  About as young and probably would come much, much cheaper than Nate.  Think he did some work on returns somewhere along the way too.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Feb 20, 2009 at 15:16 »

No no no no  - we are not making an effort to score on kick-offs.  That is freakin crazy talk.  We are singing Duce this year to return kicks.  He can down the ball in his gray sweats.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #27 on: Feb 20, 2009 at 15:40 »

So, how much time is spent shooting that, a 30 second spot?  Say, setting up, makeup, etc., but not editing, sound and such.  Is that a day or what?

I work in editing and wasn't involved in the shooting but it was part of a 5 spot thing and the footage came in over a couple of days but the planning was at least a month (casting, set design, etc.).  the actual shooting is pretty quick but on average for 30 seconds we get at least 1/1.5 hours of footage, sometimes more depending on the director and his confidence level (no confidence = 70 takes of the same line - from all angles- not kidding).  I liked that one and the one that showed some guys in Scotland playing football with a rock and inventing flag football because a kilt ripped off while getting tackled....

as for the editing, it usually takes a few weeks from beginning to end because of the levels of approval through the agency bureaucracy.  Because of these levels and the clients being afraid, the spots usually get watered down and defunnied.  Surprisingly the Doushmanzadeh spot made it through unscathed...

« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2009 at 15:47 by jasonic » Logged

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: