Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 26, 2014 at 14:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Comp picks in 2010  (Read 459 times)
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Feb 22, 2009 at 16:15 »

Lets look at the up side of all the FA's we might loose this year.  Washington should bring an extra 4th.  kemo might bring a 5th.  McFadden a 3rd and Lefty a 3-4th rnd pick. 

It is my understanding that a team can only receive 3 comp picks in a given year.  Based on the above assumed losses I could see us getting two 3rds and a 4th next year.
« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2009 at 16:26 by The Emperor » Logged

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
KeystoneKC
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2009 at 17:53 »

It is my understanding that a team can only receive 3 comp picks in a given year.  Based on the above assumed losses I could see us getting two 3rds and a 4th next year.

Don't think you're correct about the max being three.  The Ravens & the Bengals each got four last year.  I'm also a little doubtful that the Steelers would get (2) 3rd's & a 4th.  The league doesn't award too many third round comps (4 last year, Wash, Cinci, ATL, & Baltimore).  It'd be unusual for the same team to score more than one.

Cleveland:  The only NFL city to never play in, or host, a Superbowl.  That bears repeating.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2009 at 18:19 »

First off I think Lefty is a UFA, Washington would probably garner a 5th and McFadden a 4th.  However I think that we all forget that Faneca was an Pro-Bowler...I think we will get a 3rd for him.

Brinker

3 extra picks

Lets think about bundling some picks to move up in the 2nd round

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2009 at 22:13 »

Lets look at the up side of all the FA's we might loose this year.  Washington should bring an extra 4th.  kemo might bring a 5th.  McFadden a 3rd and Lefty a 3-4th rnd pick. 

Im not too sure that Washington or Kemo would even be "qualifying" towards a compensatory pick.  Mcfadden would be an iffy 3rd rounder unless he gets ALOT of green from another team, then he would be.  Lefty...i imagine a 5th or 6th rounder.

The league only gives out 32 comp picks per draft year, so i really cant see the Steelers getting more than 3 total.

by: Brinker 

First off I think Lefty is a UFA, Washington would probably garner a 5th and McFadden a 4th.  However I think that we all forget that Faneca was an Pro-Bowler...I think we will get a 3rd for him.

Brinker

3 extra picks

Lets think about bundling some picks to move up in the 2nd round

we wouldnt get any picks this year for Mcfadden or Washington if they qualified.  they would be towards next year.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2009 at 10:34 »

You are right...i am dumb.

Brinker

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: